The structure of the electromagnetic flowmeter is mainly composed of a magnetic circuit system, a measuring conduit, an electrode, a casing, a lining, and a converter.
Magnetic circuit system: its role is to produce a uniform DC or AC magnetic field. The DC magnetic circuit is realized by a permanent magnet, which has the advantages of simple structure and less interference by the alternating magnetic field, but it is easy to polarize the electrolyte liquid in the measuring catheter, so that the positive electrode is surrounded by negative ions, and the negative electrode is positive The ion enveloping, that is, the polarization phenomenon of the electrode, causes an increase in internal resistance between the two electrodes, thus seriously affecting the normal operation of the meter. When the diameter of the pipe is large, the permanent jiu magnet is also large, bulky and uneconomical, so the electromagnetic flowmeter generally adopts an alternating magnetic field and is generated by the excitation of a 50HZ power frequency power source.
Measuring catheter: its function is to let the conductive liquid to be tested pass. In order to make the magnetic flux diverted or short-circuited when the magnetic flux passes through the measuring catheter, the measuring catheter must be made of non-magnetic, low electrical conductivity, low thermal conductivity and mechanical strength. Non-magnetic stainless steel, FRP, high strength can be used. Plastic, aluminum, etc.
Electrode: Its function is to extract and induce a proportional induced inductive potential signal. The electrodes are typically made of non-magnetically conductive stainless steel and are required to be flush with the liner so that the fluid passes unimpeded. It should be installed in the vertical direction of the pipe to prevent deposits from accumulating on it and affecting the measurement accuracy.
Enclosure: Made of ferromagnetic material, it is the cover of the distribution system excitation coil and isolates the interference of external magnetic field.
Lining: A complete electrical insulation lining on the inside of the measuring tube and on the flange sealing surface. It directly contacts the liquid to be measured, and its function is to increase the corrosion resistance of the measuring catheter and prevent the induced potential from being short-circuited by the metal measuring tube wall. Most of the lining materials are PTFE plastics and ceramics that are resistant to corrosion, high temperature and wear.
Converter: The induced potential signal generated by the liquid flow is very weak and is greatly affected by various interference factors. The function of the converter is to amplify and convert the induced potential signal into a unified standard signal and suppress the main interference signal. Its task is to amplify the induced potential signal Ex detected by the electrode into a unified standard DC signal.
To ensure the measurement accuracy of the electromagnetic flowmeter, proper installation is very important.
1. The transmitter should be installed in a dry and ventilated place indoors. Avoid installation in places where the ambient temperature is too high, should not be subject to strong vibration, try to avoid equipment with strong magnetic fields, such as large motors, transformers, etc. Avoid installation in corrosive gases. The installation location is easy to overhaul. This is the environmental condition to ensure the normal operation of the transmitter.
2. In order to ensure that the measuring tube of the transmitter is filled with the measured medium, the stacker is preferably installed vertically, and the flow direction is from bottom to top. Especially for liquid-solid two-phase flow, it must be installed vertically. If the site is only allowed to be installed horizontally, it must be ensured that the two electrodes are at the same level.
3. The transmitter should be equipped with valves and bypass at both ends.
4. The millivolt AC potential measured by the electrode of the electromagnetic flow transmitter is based on the liquid potential in the transmitter. In order to stabilize the liquid potential and maintain the potential of the transmitter and fluid to ensure stable measurement, the transmitter shell and the metal tube should have good grounding at both ends, and the converter housing should also be grounded. The grounding resistance should not be greater than 10 and cannot be shared with the grounding wire of other electrical equipment. If the transmitter housing is not guaranteed to be in good contact with the metal pipe, connect them with metal wires. Re-reliable grounding.
5. In order to avoid interference signals, the signal between the transmitter and the converter must be transmitted with shielded wires. It is not allowed to place the signal cable and power cable in parallel in the same cable. The length of the signal cable should generally not exceed 30 m.
6. converter installation site should avoid AC and DC strong magnetic field and vibration, ambient temperature is -20 to 50 ° C, does not contain corrosive gases, relative humidity is not more than 80%.
7. In order to avoid the influence of the flow rate on the relative measurement, the flow regulating valve should be placed downstream of the transmitter. For small-caliber transmitters, since the distance from the center of the electrode to the inlet end of the flowmeter is equivalent to several times the length of the diameter D, the upstream straight pipe may not be specified. However, for a flowmeter with a large diameter, generally there should be a straight pipe section of 5D or more in the upstream, and the downstream pipe section is generally not required.
Instruments that measure fluid flow are collectively referred to as flow meters or flow meters. The flowmeter is one of the important instruments in industrial measurement. With the development of industrial production, the accuracy and range of flow measurement requirements are getting higher and higher, and the flow measurement technology is changing with each passing day. Various types of flow meters have been introduced to suit various applications. More than 100 flow meters have been put into use. From different perspectives, flow meters have different classification methods. There are two commonly used classification methods. One is to classify according to the measurement principle adopted by the flowmeter: the second is to classify according to the structural principle of the flowmeter.
1. Sort by measurement principle
a. Mechanical principle:
Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure type, rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem;
Impulse type using the momentum theorem, movable tube type;
Direct mass equation using Newton's second law;
a target using the principle of fluid momentum;
Turbine using the angular momentum theorem;
Vortex type using vortex principle of fluid oscillation;
Use the total static pressure difference of the pitot tube type as well as volumetric and sputum, trough and so on.
b. Electrical principle:
Differential capacitor type,
Strain resistance type, etc.
c. Acoustic principle:
d. Thermal principles:
Indirect calorimetry and so on.