Pipe flowmeter measurement method
Ultrasonic waves carry information about the fluid flow rate as they propagate through the flowing fluid. Therefore, the flow rate of the fluid can be detected by the received ultrasonic wave, and converted into a flow rate. According to the detection method, it can be divided into different types of ultrasonic flowmeters such as propagation velocity difference method, Doppler method, beam offset method, noise method and correlation method. Ultrasonic flowmeter is a kind of application that has been applied since the rapid development of integrated circuit technology in the past decade.
Non-contact instrument for measuring fluids that are difficult to access and observe, as well as large pipe runoff. It is linked to a water level gauge for flow measurement of open water flow. The use of ultrasonic flow rate does not change the flow state of the fluid without installing the measuring element in the fluid, and does not generate additional resistance. The installation and maintenance of the instrument can not affect the operation of the production pipeline and is an ideal energy-saving flowmeter.
As we all know, industrial flow measurement generally has the problem of large diameter and large flow measurement difficulty. This is because the general flowmeter will bring difficulties in manufacturing and transportation with the increase of the measuring pipe diameter, and the cost will increase and the energy loss will increase. Installation is not only a disadvantage, but ultrasonic flowmeters can be avoided.
To ensure the measurement accuracy of the electromagnetic flowmeter, proper installation is very important.
1. The transmitter should be installed in a dry and ventilated place indoors. Avoid installation in places where the ambient temperature is too high, should not be subject to strong vibration, try to avoid equipment with strong magnetic fields, such as large motors, transformers, etc. Avoid installation in corrosive gases. The installation location is easy to overhaul. This is the environmental condition to ensure the normal operation of the transmitter.
2. In order to ensure that the measuring tube of the transmitter is filled with the measured medium, the stacker is preferably installed vertically, and the flow direction is from bottom to top. Especially for liquid-solid two-phase flow, it must be installed vertically. If the site is only allowed to be installed horizontally, it must be ensured that the two electrodes are at the same level.
3. The transmitter should be equipped with valves and bypass at both ends.
4. The millivolt AC potential measured by the electrode of the electromagnetic flow transmitter is based on the liquid potential in the transmitter. In order to stabilize the liquid potential and maintain the potential of the transmitter and fluid to ensure stable measurement, the transmitter shell and the metal tube should have good grounding at both ends, and the converter housing should also be grounded. The grounding resistance should not be greater than 10 and cannot be shared with the grounding wire of other electrical equipment. If the transmitter housing is not guaranteed to be in good contact with the metal pipe, connect them with metal wires. Re-reliable grounding.
5. In order to avoid interference signals, the signal between the transmitter and the converter must be transmitted with shielded wires. It is not allowed to place the signal cable and power cable in parallel in the same cable. The length of the signal cable should generally not exceed 30 m.
6. converter installation site should avoid AC and DC strong magnetic field and vibration, ambient temperature is -20 to 50 ° C, does not contain corrosive gases, relative humidity is not more than 80%.
7. In order to avoid the influence of the flow rate on the relative measurement, the flow regulating valve should be placed downstream of the transmitter. For small-caliber transmitters, since the distance from the center of the electrode to the inlet end of the flowmeter is equivalent to several times the length of the diameter D, the upstream straight pipe may not be specified. However, for a flowmeter with a large diameter, generally there should be a straight pipe section of 5D or more in the upstream, and the downstream pipe section is generally not required.
1. Choice of caliber
The choice of the diameter of the electromagnetic flowmeter is not necessarily the same as the diameter of the pipe, and should be determined by the flow rate and flow rate. However, as the chemical raw materials and intermediate liquid of Salt Lake, the viscosity is large and the flow rate is low (generally 2.0 to 4.0 m/s). The electromagnetic flowmeter is used on such a pipe, and the diameter of the sensor is the same as the diameter of the pipe. If the flow rate is lower than 1.0m/s, an electromagnetic flowmeter of appropriate flow rate can be selected to ensure measurement accuracy and relatively reduce investment.
2. Selection of flow rate and range
Basically, they are anti-corrosion plastic pipes, and considering the lining of the flow meter, the flow rate is generally controlled at 2m/s. For some materials that are easy to crystallize (such as sodium carbonate solution, compounding liquid: crystallized mainly boron and magnesium double salt), the flow rate is increased to 3.0 to 4.0 m/s by taking measures. The flow rate will increase the flow noise, and the vibration of the pipeline will affect the measurement accuracy. Under the condition that the electromagnetic flowmeter is installed, the shock absorber should be installed before and after. The full scale of the meter is greater than the expected maximum flow value, which is typically 1.2 times the estimated maximum flow. The normal measurement flow is greater than 50% of the full scale of the meter to ensure a certain measurement accuracy.