Because all kinds of ultrasonic flowmeters can be installed outside the pipe, non-contact flow measurement, the cost of the instrument is basically independent of the size of the pipe to be tested, while other types of flowmeters increase with the increase in caliber, so the cost is increased. The flowmeter is superior to the other functions of the same type of flowmeter. It is considered to be a good large-diameter flow measuring instrument. The Doppler ultrasonic flowmeter can measure the flow of two-phase medium, so it can be used for the measurement of dirty sewage such as sewers and sewage. In power plants, the use of portable ultrasonic flowmeters to measure large pipe diameters such as turbine water inflow and turbine circulating water is much more convenient than in the past. Ultrasonic flow juice can also be used for gas measurement. Pipe diameters range from 2cm to 5m, from a few meters wide open channels, culverts to 500m wide rivers.
In addition, the accuracy of the flow measurement of the ultrasonic measuring instrument is almost independent of the temperature, pressure, viscosity, density and other parameters of the measured fluid, and can be made into non-contact and portable measuring instruments, so it can solve the problem that other types of instruments are difficult to measure. Flow measurement problems for corrosive, non-conductive, radioactive, and flammable and explosive media. In addition, in view of the non-contact measurement characteristics, coupled with reasonable electronic circuits, one instrument can adapt to a variety of pipe diameter measurements and a variety of flow range measurements. The adaptability of ultrasonic flowmeters is also unmatched by other instruments. Ultrasonic flowmeters have some of the above advantages, so it has received more and more attention and has been developed into a series of products and generalization. It has been made into standard, high-temperature, explosion-proof and wet instruments of different channels to adapt to different media. Flow measurement for occasions and different pipeline conditions.
General principles for electromagnetic flowmeter selection
(1) Whether the medium to be tested is a conductive liquid or slurry, thereby determining whether an electromagnetic flow meter is selected;
(2) The conductivity of the measured medium determines the type of electromagnetic flowmeter—whether it is high conductivity or low conductivity;
(3) The nominal diameter of the large, small and common flow process pipelines required by the process, determine whether the flow rate of the medium is at a more economical flow point, whether the pipeline needs to be reduced, and then determine the diameter of the flowmeter;
(4) Determine whether to use an integrated or split flowmeter, and the degree of protection of the flowmeter, etc., based on the layout of the process piping.
(5) Selecting the electrode type according to whether the measured medium is easy to crystallize or crusting;
(6) selecting an electrode material according to the corrosiveness of the measured medium;
(7) The corrosiveness, wear and temperature of the measured medium determine the lining material to be used;
(8) The high working pressure of the measured medium determines the nominal pressure of the flow meter;
(9) The insulation of the process piping determines the type of grounding ring.
Accuracy class and function According to the measurement requirements and the use occasions, the instrument accuracy level is selected to achieve economical efficiency. For example, in the case of trade settlement, product handover and energy measurement, the accuracy level should be higher, such as 1.0, 0.5, or higher; for process control, select different accuracy levels according to control requirements; It is to detect the process flow, no need to do precise control and measurement, you can choose a lower accuracy level, such as 1.5, 2.5, or even 4.0, then you can use a low-cost plug-in electromagnetic flowmeter.
Measuring medium flow rate, meter range and diameter When measuring general medium, the full flow of electromagnetic flowmeter can be selected within the range of 0.5-12m/s of measuring medium flow, and the range is wider. The meter specification (caliber) is not necessarily the same as the process pipeline. It should be determined whether the measured flow range is within the flow rate range. That is, when the pipeline flow rate is too low to meet the flow meter requirements or the measurement accuracy cannot be guaranteed at this flow rate, It is necessary to reduce the gauge diameter, thereby increasing the flow rate inside the tube and obtaining satisfactory measurement results.
Try to avoid ferromagnetic objects and equipment with strong electromagnetic fields to prevent the magnetic field from affecting the working magnetic field and flow signal of the sensor.
Should be installed in the dry and ventilated place, to avoid sun and rain, the ambient temperature should be -20 ~ +60 ° C, relative humidity is less than 85%.
There should be ample space around the flowmeter for easy testing and maintenance.