The mediums that need to be measured in the site are different. Now, a brief introduction is made on the selection of flow meters for different media.
The selection of large water flow meter: suitable for electromagnetic flowmeter, ultrasonic flowmeter. Other applications such as vortex flowmeters, orifice flowmeters, etc. have faded out of this application, and these two types of flow meters are the most important in the industry. In particular, it should be mentioned that the application of Kaifeng Shengda's plug-in flowmeter and electromagnetic flowmeter are better.
Sewage, pulp and other turbid liquid meter selection: electromagnetic flowmeter can be used. However, when choosing an electromagnetic flowmeter, consider that the liquid does not contain more air or bubbles.
The meter with more bubbles of liquid selection: Doppler ultrasonic flowmeter can be selected, using this type of flowmeter to measure the fluid with bubbles, the effect is very good.
Flow meter selection with low conductivity such as pure water and demineralized water: Turbine flow meter is very suitable for measuring such fluids.
Flow meter selection for strong corrosive media such as acid and lye: 1. Electromagnetic flowmeter with acid and alkali lining. 2. clamp type ultrasonic flowmeter.
Selection of flowmeters for mediums with large concentration and large solid particle content such as mortar and electric powder slurry: electromagnetic flowmeter.
Flow meter selection for oil media such as oil and diesel: turbine flow meter and ultrasonic flow meter.
Gas flow meter selection: vortex flowmeter.
The structure of the electromagnetic flowmeter is mainly composed of a magnetic circuit system, a measuring conduit, an electrode, a casing, a lining, and a converter.
Magnetic circuit system: its role is to produce a uniform DC or AC magnetic field. The DC magnetic circuit is realized by a permanent magnet, which has the advantages of simple structure and less interference by the alternating magnetic field, but it is easy to polarize the electrolyte liquid in the measuring duct, so that the positive electrode is surrounded by negative ions, and the negative electrode is positive ion Surrounding, that is, the polarization phenomenon of the electrode, and causing an increase in internal resistance between the two electrodes, thus seriously affecting the normal operation of the meter. When the diameter of the pipe is large, the permanent magnets are correspondingly large, bulky and uneconomical, so the electromagnetic flowmeter generally adopts an alternating magnetic field and is generated by the excitation of a 50HZ power frequency power source.
Measuring catheter: its function is to let the conductive liquid to be tested pass. In order to make the magnetic flux diverted or short-circuited when the magnetic flux passes through the measuring catheter, the measuring catheter must be made of non-magnetic, low electrical conductivity, low thermal conductivity and mechanical strength. Non-magnetic stainless steel, FRP, high strength can be used. Plastic, aluminum, etc.
Principle analysis of various types of flowmeters
(1) Principles of mechanics: Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure and rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem; impulse type and movable tube type using momentum theorem; direct mass type using Newton's second law; The target type of the momentum principle; the turbine type using the angular momentum theorem; the vortex type using the principle of fluid oscillation, the vortex type; the pitot tube type using the total static pressure difference; the volumetric type, the enthalpy, the trough type, and the like.
(2) Electrical principle: The instruments used for such principles are electromagnetic, differential capacitive, inductive, strain resistant, etc.
(3) Acoustic principle: Ultrasonic type, acoustic type (shock wave type), etc. are used for flow measurement using the acoustic principle.
(4) Thermal principle: The heat, direct thermal, indirect calorimetry, etc., which measure the flow using the thermal principle.
(5) Optical principle: laser type, photoelectric type, etc. are instruments belonging to such principles.
(6) Originally based on physical principles: nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear radiation, etc. are instruments of this type.
(7) Other principles: Marking principle (trace principle, NMR principle), related principles, etc.