The choice of electromagnetic flowmeter is mainly the correct choice of the transmitter, and the converter only needs to be matched with it.
Choice of caliber and range
The diameter of the transmitter is usually the same as that of the piping system. If the piping system is to be designed, the diameter can be selected according to the flow range and flow rate. For electromagnetic flowmeters, the flow rate is suitable for 2 - 4m / s. In special cases, such as solid particles in the liquid, in consideration of wear, the optional flow rate is ≤ 3m / s, for easy to manage the fluid. Available flow rate ≥ 2m / s. After the flow rate is determined, the transmitter diameter can be determined according to qv= D2.
The range of the transmitter can be selected according to two principles: one is that the full scale of the meter is greater than the expected maximum flow value; the other is that the normal flow is greater than 50% of the full scale of the meter to ensure a certain measurement accuracy.
Temperature and pressure selection
There are certain restrictions on the fluid pressure and temperature that the electromagnetic flowmeter can measure. When used, the pressure used must be lower than the working pressure specified by the flowmeter. At present, the working pressure specifications of domestically produced electromagnetic flowmeters are:
Less than 50mm caliber, working pressure is 1.6MPa; 900 mm caliber, working pressure is 1 MPa;More than 1000mm caliber, working pressure is 0.6MPa.
If there are special requirements on the pressure resistance of the transmitter, you can negotiate with the manufacturer.
The operating temperature of the electromagnetic flowmeter depends on the lining material used, which is generally 5 - 70 ° C. Such as special treatment, can exceed the above range, such as the wear-resistant corrosion-resistant electromagnetic flowmeter produced by Tianjin Automation Instrument No.3. The transmitter allows the measured medium temperature to be -40 to 130 °C.
Selection of lining material and electrode tree material
The lining material and electrode material of the transmitter must be correctly selected according to the physical and chemical properties of the medium. Otherwise, the instrument will be damaged quickly due to the corrosion of the lining and the electrode, and the corrosive medium will easily cause an accident if it leaks. Therefore, the electrode and the lining material must be carefully selected according to the specific measurement medium in the production process.
In order to make the electromagnetic flowmeter work stably and reliably, the following aspects should be noted when selecting the installation location:
1. Try to avoid ferromagnetic objects and equipment with strong electromagnetic fields (large motors, large transformers, etc.) to prevent the magnetic field from affecting the working magnetic field and flow signal of the sensor.
2. It should be installed in a dry and ventilated place to avoid sun and rain. The ambient temperature should be -20~+60°C, and the relative humidity is less than 85%.
3. There should be plenty of space around the flowmeter for easy installation and maintenance.
The measurement principle of the electromagnetic flowmeter does not depend on the characteristics of the flow. If there is a certain turbulence and vortex in the pipeline, it will be generated in the non-measurement zone (such as elbow, tangential current limit or half-opening shut-off valve upstream). Nothing.
If steady-state eddy currents in the measurement zone affect the stability of the measurement and the accuracy of the measurement, then some measures should be taken to stabilize the flow rate distribution:
a.increase the length of the straight pipe before and after; b. use a flow stabilizer; c. reduce the cross section of the measuring point.
Principle analysis of various types of flowmeters
(1) Principles of mechanics: Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure and rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem; impulse type and movable tube type using momentum theorem; direct mass type using Newton's second law; The target type of the momentum principle; the turbine type using the angular momentum theorem; the vortex type using the principle of fluid oscillation, the vortex type; the pitot tube type using the total static pressure difference; the volumetric type, the enthalpy, the trough type, and the like.
(2) Electrical principle: The instruments used for such principles are electromagnetic, differential capacitive, inductive, strain resistant, etc.
(3) Acoustic principle: Ultrasonic type, acoustic type (shock wave type), etc. are used for flow measurement using the acoustic principle.
(4) Thermal principle: The heat, direct thermal, indirect calorimetry, etc., which measure the flow using the thermal principle.
(5) Optical principle: laser type, photoelectric type, etc. are instruments belonging to such principles.
(6) Originally based on physical principles: nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear radiation, etc. are instruments of this type.
(7) Other principles: Marking principle (trace principle, NMR principle), related principles, etc.