Choice of protection level
The protection level of the electromagnetic flowmeter should be selected according to the actual situation. If the sensor is required to be installed below the ground and is often flooded, IP68 should be selected. If the sensor is installed above the ground, IP65 and IP67 should be selected. In any case, the display area of ??the electromagnetic flowmeter cannot be used with water or enter the water, which may cause damage to the electromagnetic flowmeter. As a chemical company, the workshop produces high humidity, but IP65 (IP65 is a water-proof type. The electromagnetic flowmeter sensor housing allows the faucet to spray water from the sensor in any direction of the sensor of the electromagnetic flowmeter. The pressure of the water spray is 30Kpa, the water output It is 12.5L/S and the distance is 3 meters.) The electromagnetic flowmeter of the protection grade fully meets the requirements of on-site measurement.
Choice of connection method
Electromagnetic flowmeters have threaded connections, flanged connections, clamps, etc. In the chemical industry, flange-connected electromagnetic flowmeters are generally used. The selection must be consistent with the process-flange engineering pressure and standards.
Conclusion, with the maturity of the domestic instrument industry, chemical companies such as lithium carbonate, boric acid and potash will also enter the market in line with the domestic market. As an important industrial flow measuring instrument, electromagnetic flowmeter should play its role in DCS control. The right selection is especially important to provide accurate measurement data, reduce labor costs and increase production efficiency.
General principles for electromagnetic flowmeter selection
(1) Whether the medium to be tested is a conductive liquid or slurry, thereby determining whether an electromagnetic flow meter is selected;
(2) The conductivity of the measured medium determines the type of electromagnetic flowmeter—whether it is high conductivity or low conductivity;
(3) The nominal diameter of the large, small and common flow process pipelines required by the process, determine whether the flow rate of the medium is at a more economical flow point, whether the pipeline needs to be reduced, and then determine the diameter of the flowmeter;
(4) Determine whether to use an integrated or split flowmeter, and the degree of protection of the flowmeter, etc., based on the layout of the process piping.
(5) Selecting the electrode type according to whether the measured medium is easy to crystallize or crusting;
(6) selecting an electrode material according to the corrosiveness of the measured medium;
(7) The corrosiveness, wear and temperature of the measured medium determine the lining material to be used;
(8) The high working pressure of the measured medium determines the nominal pressure of the flow meter;
(9) The insulation of the process piping determines the type of grounding ring.
Daily maintenance (1)
Only need to periodically check the instrument, check the environment around the instrument, remove the dirt, ensure that no water and other substances are inspected, check whether the wiring is good, check whether there is a new strong electromagnetic field device near the instrument or a new installed wire across the instrument. If the measuring medium is easy to contaminate the electrode or precipitate or scale in the measuring tube wall, it should be regularly cleaned and cleaned.
Folding fault finding
After the flowmeter starts to be put into operation or is put into operation for a period of time, it is found that the instrument is not working properly. First, check the external condition of the flowmeter, such as whether the power supply is good, whether the pipeline is leaking or is in a state of non-full pipe, whether there is air bubble in the pipe, whether the signal cable is Damage, converter output signal (ie rear position meter input loop) is open circuit. Remember to blindly disassemble the flowmeter.
Test equipment: one 500MΩ insulation resistance tester, one multimeter.
(1) When the pipeline is filled with medium, measure the resistance between terminals A, B and C with a multimeter. The resistance between A-C and B-C should be equal. If the difference is more than 1 time, there may be leakage of the electrode, condensation on the outer wall of the measuring tube or the junction box.
(2) In the case of lining drying, measure the insulation resistance between A-C and B-C with MΩ meter (should be greater than 200MΩ). Then use a multimeter to measure the resistance of the two electrodes in terminals A and B and the measuring tube (should be in short-circuit communication). If the insulation resistance is small, indicating that the electrode is leaking, the entire flowmeter should be returned to the factory for repair. If the insulation is reduced but there is still more than 50 MΩ and the inspection result of step (1) is normal, the outer wall of the measuring tube may be damp, and the inside of the outer casing may be dried by a hot air blower.
(3) Use a multimeter to measure the resistance between X and Y. If it exceeds 200 Ω, the excitation coil and its lead wire may be open or poorly connected. Remove the terminal block check.
(4) Check the insulation resistance between X, Y and C, which should be above 200 MΩ. If it is lowered, dry the inside of the casing with hot air. In actual operation, the decrease in coil insulation will result in increased measurement error and unstable instrument output signal.
(5) If it is determined that the sensor is faulty, please contact the manufacturer of the electromagnetic flowmeter. The general site cannot be solved and needs to be repaired by the manufacturer.