The mediums that need to be measured in the site are different. Now, a brief introduction is made on the selection of flow meters for different media.
The selection of large water flow meter: suitable for electromagnetic flowmeter, ultrasonic flowmeter. Other applications such as vortex flowmeters, orifice flowmeters, etc. have faded out of this application, and these two types of flow meters are the most important in the industry. In particular, it should be mentioned that the application of Kaifeng Shengda's plug-in flowmeter and electromagnetic flowmeter are better.
Sewage, pulp and other turbid liquid meter selection: electromagnetic flowmeter can be used. However, when choosing an electromagnetic flowmeter, consider that the liquid does not contain more air or bubbles.
The meter with more bubbles of liquid selection: Doppler ultrasonic flowmeter can be selected, using this type of flowmeter to measure the fluid with bubbles, the effect is very good.
Flow meter selection with low conductivity such as pure water and demineralized water: Turbine flow meter is very suitable for measuring such fluids.
Flow meter selection for strong corrosive media such as acid and lye: 1. Electromagnetic flowmeter with acid and alkali lining. 2. clamp type ultrasonic flowmeter.
Selection of flowmeters for mediums with large concentration and large solid particle content such as mortar and electric powder slurry: electromagnetic flowmeter.
Flow meter selection for oil media such as oil and diesel: turbine flow meter and ultrasonic flow meter.
Gas flow meter selection: vortex flowmeter.
Vortex flowmeter working principle
The working principle of the vortex flowmeter is to arrange a vortex generator in the fluid, so that the vortex is alternately generated on both sides of the body, and the vortex column is asymmetrically arranged downstream of the vortex generator to generate a certain frequency, by the formula f= St*v/(1-1.27d/D)*d, (St is the Strauhal number, which is a dimensionless number, related to the vortex generator and Reynolds number; v is the flow velocity; d is the incident head width; D is the nominal diameter) to get the flow rate.
In general, the vortex flowmeter output signal (frequency) is not affected by changes in fluid properties and composition, which means that the meter factor is only related to the shape and size of the vortex generator and the Reynolds number. Its advantages are: simple and firm structure, convenient installation and maintenance; suitable for a variety of fluids, liquid, gas, steam and some mixed phases are applicable; high precision, generally up to ± 1% R; flow range is wide, up to 10 : 1 or 20:1 or more; low head loss; no zero drift; relatively cheap price; disadvantage: not suitable for low Reynolds number Re <20000, limited use of high viscosity, low flow rate, small diameter The requirements for the environment are high, and places with vibration should be eliminated as much as possible, and the upstream side needs to have a long straight pipe section; the meter factor is lower, and the larger the diameter, the lower the diameter. The signal resolution is reduced, so the aperture should not be too large, generally used in DN15~DN300mm.
Vortex flowmeter analysis and solution
6. The connection problem between the secondary instrument and the subsequent instrument. Due to the problem of the subsequent instrument or the maintenance of the subsequent instrument, the mA output circuit of the secondary instrument is interrupted. For this type of secondary instrument, this part is mainly related to the problem 2. Especially for the subsequent recorders, in the case that the recorder cannot be repaired for a long time, it is necessary to pay attention to shorting the output of the secondary meter.
7. The circuit always has no indication due to the failure of the secondary instrument flat-axle cable. Due to long-term operation, coupled with the influence of dust, the flat-axle cable is faulty, and the problem can be solved by cleaning or replacing the flat-axis cable.
8. For the problem 7, the main problem is that the secondary instrument shows that the fixing screw of the meter head is loose, causing the head to sink, the pointer and the case friction are large, the movement is not working, and the problem is solved by adjusting the meter head and re-fixing.
9. Use environmental issues. In particular, the sensor part installed in the well is affected by the humidity of the environment, which causes the circuit board to be damp. This part is mainly related to questions 2 and 2. Through the corresponding technical improvement measures, the sensor part with large humidity is re-separated from the probe part and the conversion part, and the separate type sensor is used. Therefore, the working environment is good, and the instrument has been running well.
10. Due to the poor adjustment of the site, or due to the actual situation after the adjustment. Due to the on-site vibration and noise balance adjustment and sensitivity adjustment is not good. Or because of the re-allocation of the situation after a period of operation after the adjustment, causing the indication problem, this part of the reason is mainly related to questions 4 and 5. Use an oscilloscope, plus the combined process operation, and re-adjust.