The mediums that need to be measured in the site are different. Now, a brief introduction is made on the selection of flow meters for different media.
The selection of large water flow meter: suitable for electromagnetic flowmeter, ultrasonic flowmeter. Other applications such as vortex flowmeters, orifice flowmeters, etc. have faded out of this application, and these two types of flow meters are the most important in the industry. In particular, it should be mentioned that the application of Kaifeng Shengda's plug-in flowmeter and electromagnetic flowmeter are better.
Sewage, pulp and other turbid liquid meter selection: electromagnetic flowmeter can be used. However, when choosing an electromagnetic flowmeter, consider that the liquid does not contain more air or bubbles.
The meter with more bubbles of liquid selection: Doppler ultrasonic flowmeter can be selected, using this type of flowmeter to measure the fluid with bubbles, the effect is very good.
Flow meter selection with low conductivity such as pure water and demineralized water: Turbine flow meter is very suitable for measuring such fluids.
Flow meter selection for strong corrosive media such as acid and lye: 1. Electromagnetic flowmeter with acid and alkali lining. 2. clamp type ultrasonic flowmeter.
Selection of flowmeters for mediums with large concentration and large solid particle content such as mortar and electric powder slurry: electromagnetic flowmeter.
Flow meter selection for oil media such as oil and diesel: turbine flow meter and ultrasonic flow meter.
Gas flow meter selection: vortex flowmeter.
Vortex flowmeter common fault
1. The measurement range of the vortex flowmeter is large, generally 10:1, but the lower limit of measurement is limited by many factors: Re>10000 is the most basic condition for the operation of the vortex flowmeter. In addition, it is also responded by the vortex. The signal, the vortex frequency f is also small, and it also makes signal processing difficult. The upper limit of measurement is the frequency response of the sensor and the frequency limit of the circuit. Therefore, the flow rate range must be calculated and calculated according to the flow rate of the fluid. The environmental conditions on the site are complicated. In addition to the conditions such as ambient temperature, humidity, and atmosphere, electromagnetic interference should also be considered.
2, vibration is also a big enemy of this type of instrument. Therefore, care should be taken to avoid mechanical vibrations, especially the lateral vibration of the pipe (perpendicular to the pipe axis and the vertical vortex generating body axis). This effect cannot be suppressed and eliminated in the design of the flowmeter structure. Since the vortex signal is equally sensitive to the influence of the flow field, it is not suitable for the length of the straight pipe section to ensure the flow conditions necessary for stabilizing the vortex street. Even the capacitive and ultrasonic type with strong anti-vibration performance guarantees that the fluid is a fully developed one-way flow, which is not negligible.
The medium temperature also has a great influence on the performance of the vortex flowmeter. For example, the pressure stress type vortex flowmeter cannot be used for a long time at 300 °C, because its insulation resistance is rapidly reduced from 10-100 MΩ at normal temperature to 1-101 Ω, and the output signal is also small, resulting in deterioration of measurement characteristics. In the measurement system, the sensor and the converter should be installed separately to avoid long-term high temperature affecting the reliability and service life of the instrument. The vortex flowmeter is a relatively new type of flowmeter. It is in the development stage and is not very mature. If it is not properly selected, the performance will not work well. Only after reasonable selection and correct installation, it is necessary to carefully and regularly maintain during the use process, accumulate experience, improve the predictability of system failure and the ability to judge and deal with problems, so as to achieve satisfactory results.
Vortex flowmeter installation method
1. The vortex flowmeter can only be measured in one direction. The installation should pay attention to ensure that the direction of the medium flow is consistent with the direction indicated by the flowmeter arrow.
2. The best installation method of the vortex flowmeter is vertical installation, and the medium passes through the flowmeter from bottom to top. Install the flowmeter on a vertical pipe with the flow direction from bottom to top.
3. When installing horizontally, the flowmeter must be installed in the high pressure zone of the whole system and ensure the corresponding outlet pressure; do not install at the highest point of the pipeline, because the highest point is often gas accumulation, the pipeline is not full, and the outlet cannot be directly emptied.
4. When measuring high temperature fluid, try to use vertical installation; if you have to install horizontally, please install the transmitter part of the flowmeter vertically downwards or horizontally to avoid excessive temperature; pay attention to air flow at installation location Or well ventilated.
5. Straight pipe section requirements: at least 15 times the pipe diameter before the flow meter and 5 times the pipe diameter after the flow meter. If there are elbows, indents, expansions and other sources of interference in front of the flowmeter, the diameter of the flowmeter should be 30–40 times, and the diameter of the flowmeter should be 6 times. The flow meter should be installed upstream of the regulator valve, pressure or temperature sensor.
6. When installing, pay attention to the pipe diameter should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument.
7. When using the sealing ring, the inner diameter of the sealing ring should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument, and the center of the sealing ring is at the center of the pipe.