Principle analysis of various types of flowmeters
(1) Principles of mechanics: Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure and rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem; impulse type and movable tube type using momentum theorem; direct mass type using Newton's second law; The target type of the momentum principle; the turbine type using the angular momentum theorem; the vortex type using the principle of fluid oscillation, the vortex type; the pitot tube type using the total static pressure difference; the volumetric type, the enthalpy, the trough type, and the like.
(2) Electrical principle: The instruments used for such principles are electromagnetic, differential capacitive, inductive, strain resistant, etc.
(3) Acoustic principle: Ultrasonic type, acoustic type (shock wave type), etc. are used for flow measurement using the acoustic principle.
(4) Thermal principle: The heat, direct thermal, indirect calorimetry, etc., which measure the flow using the thermal principle.
(5) Optical principle: laser type, photoelectric type, etc. are instruments belonging to such principles.
(6) Originally based on physical principles: nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear radiation, etc. are instruments of this type.
(7) Other principles: Marking principle (trace principle, NMR principle), related principles, etc.
Vortex flowmeter installation method
1. The vortex flowmeter can only be measured in one direction. The installation should pay attention to ensure that the direction of the medium flow is consistent with the direction indicated by the flowmeter arrow.
2. The best installation method of the vortex flowmeter is vertical installation, and the medium passes through the flowmeter from bottom to top. Install the flowmeter on a vertical pipe with the flow direction from bottom to top.
3. When installing horizontally, the flowmeter must be installed in the high pressure zone of the whole system and ensure the corresponding outlet pressure; do not install at the highest point of the pipeline, because the highest point is often gas accumulation, the pipeline is not full, and the outlet cannot be directly emptied.
4. When measuring high temperature fluid, try to use vertical installation; if you have to install horizontally, please install the transmitter part of the flowmeter vertically downwards or horizontally to avoid excessive temperature; pay attention to air flow at installation location Or well ventilated.
5. Straight pipe section requirements: at least 15 times the pipe diameter before the flow meter and 5 times the pipe diameter after the flow meter. If there are elbows, indents, expansions and other sources of interference in front of the flowmeter, the diameter of the flowmeter should be 30–40 times, and the diameter of the flowmeter should be 6 times. The flow meter should be installed upstream of the regulator valve, pressure or temperature sensor.
6. When installing, pay attention to the pipe diameter should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument.
7. When using the sealing ring, the inner diameter of the sealing ring should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument, and the center of the sealing ring is at the center of the pipe.
Mass flow meter
Since the volume of the fluid is affected by parameters such as temperature and pressure, it is necessary to give the parameters of the medium when the flow rate is expressed by the volume flow. In the case of changing media parameters, it is often difficult to achieve this requirement, resulting in distortion of the meter display value. Therefore, mass flow meters have been widely used and valued. Mass flow meters are available in both direct and indirect versions. Direct mass flow meters are measured using principles directly related to mass flow. Currently used mass flow meters such as calorimetric, angular momentum, vibratory gyro, Magnus effect and Coriolis force. The indirect mass flow meter is obtained by directly multiplying the density meter by the volumetric flow rate to obtain the mass flow rate.
In modern industrial production, the operating parameters such as temperature and pressure of the flowing working fluid are continuously improved. In the case of high temperature and high pressure, due to the material and structure, the application of the direct mass flowmeter is difficult, and the indirect quality is encountered. Flowmeters are often not suitable for practical applications because they are limited by the range of humidity and pressure. Therefore, a temperature-pressure-compensated mass flowmeter is widely used in industrial production. It can be regarded as an indirect mass flow meter. Instead of using a density meter, it uses the relationship between temperature, pressure and density. It uses a temperature and pressure signal to calculate the density signal by function, and multiplies it by the volume flow. Mass Flow. At present, temperature and pressure-compensated mass flowmeters have been put into practical use. However, when the measured medium parameters vary widely or rapidly, it will be difficult or impossible to correctly compensate, so further study the mass flow rate applicable in actual production. Meters and densitometers are still a topic.
Chen's above-mentioned common structural principle of flowmeters is much better than various types of flowmeters, such as various helium flowmeters and trough flowmeters for open channel flow measurement; flowmeters suitable for large-caliber flow measurement; measuring laminar flow Laminar flowmeter; related flowmeter for two-phase flow measurement; and laser method, nuclear magnetic resonance flowmeter and various tracer methods, dilution method flow measurement, etc. With the development of technology and practical application needs, the new flowmeter will continue to emerge more types of flowmeters.