General principles for electromagnetic flowmeter selection
(1) Whether the medium to be tested is a conductive liquid or slurry, thereby determining whether an electromagnetic flow meter is selected;
(2) The conductivity of the measured medium determines the type of electromagnetic flowmeter—whether it is high conductivity or low conductivity;
(3) The nominal diameter of the large, small and common flow process pipelines required by the process, determine whether the flow rate of the medium is at a more economical flow point, whether the pipeline needs to be reduced, and then determine the diameter of the flowmeter;
(4) Determine whether to use an integrated or split flowmeter, and the degree of protection of the flowmeter, etc., based on the layout of the process piping.
(5) Selecting the electrode type according to whether the measured medium is easy to crystallize or crusting;
(6) selecting an electrode material according to the corrosiveness of the measured medium;
(7) The corrosiveness, wear and temperature of the measured medium determine the lining material to be used;
(8) The high working pressure of the measured medium determines the nominal pressure of the flow meter;
(9) The insulation of the process piping determines the type of grounding ring.
Vortex flowmeter common fault
1. The measurement range of the vortex flowmeter is large, generally 10:1, but the lower limit of measurement is limited by many factors: Re>10000 is the most basic condition for the operation of the vortex flowmeter. In addition, it is also responded by the vortex. The signal, the vortex frequency f is also small, and it also makes signal processing difficult. The upper limit of measurement is the frequency response of the sensor and the frequency limit of the circuit. Therefore, the flow rate range must be calculated and calculated according to the flow rate of the fluid. The environmental conditions on the site are complicated. In addition to the conditions such as ambient temperature, humidity, and atmosphere, electromagnetic interference should also be considered.
2, vibration is also a big enemy of this type of instrument. Therefore, care should be taken to avoid mechanical vibrations, especially the lateral vibration of the pipe (perpendicular to the pipe axis and the vertical vortex generating body axis). This effect cannot be suppressed and eliminated in the design of the flowmeter structure. Since the vortex signal is equally sensitive to the influence of the flow field, it is not suitable for the length of the straight pipe section to ensure the flow conditions necessary for stabilizing the vortex street. Even the capacitive and ultrasonic type with strong anti-vibration performance guarantees that the fluid is a fully developed one-way flow, which is not negligible.
The medium temperature also has a great influence on the performance of the vortex flowmeter. For example, the pressure stress type vortex flowmeter cannot be used for a long time at 300 °C, because its insulation resistance is rapidly reduced from 10-100 MΩ at normal temperature to 1-101 Ω, and the output signal is also small, resulting in deterioration of measurement characteristics. In the measurement system, the sensor and the converter should be installed separately to avoid long-term high temperature affecting the reliability and service life of the instrument. The vortex flowmeter is a relatively new type of flowmeter. It is in the development stage and is not very mature. If it is not properly selected, the performance will not work well. Only after reasonable selection and correct installation, it is necessary to carefully and regularly maintain during the use process, accumulate experience, improve the predictability of system failure and the ability to judge and deal with problems, so as to achieve satisfactory results.
Several problems of steam metering and their solutions
Steam is one of the important energy sources for enterprise production. It is the main heat energy for urban central heating and an important indicator for economic accounting. Therefore, the accuracy of steam metering is particularly important.
In order to solve the problem of heating for employees, the company has updated the original boiler equipment, adding 4 new boilers (2 sets of 25t/h, and another 2 sets of 35t/h). The DCS realizes the automatic control of the boiler system, and the product is saturated steam.
Analysis of problems and influencing factors
Starting from the boiler ignition operation in November 2010, the steam flow often shows the maximum value, and the differential pressure signal measured by the differential pressure transmitter exceeds 20 mA. The same is true when the load is low and the actual flow is small. In this case, steam flow measurement does not provide a safety reference for boiler operation, and it cannot be used for cost accounting.
In response to this phenomenon, the design of the project uses a V-cone flowmeter, equipped with an intelligent differential pressure transmitter, and the measurement signal is sent to the DCS for calculation and display.