Traditional mechanical flowmeters, such as differential pressure flowmeters, positive displacement flowmeters, and variable area flowmeters, are already in the stage of popularization, with fierce price competition, decreasing profit margins, less technological innovation, and relatively mature markets. . Frost & Sullivan believes that achieving product differentiation and customized production is an important breakthrough for manufacturers in the fierce competition in mature markets. Based on Frost & Sullivan's analysis of the needs of industry users, the user community expects manufacturers to provide automated equipment that will bring tangible benefits to the production process. Users will have specific requirements in the application process, such as: application in the special environment of the petrochemical industry, the need for rugged design and explosion-proof certification; user demand for Coriolis flowmeter designed for straight pipe. How to effectively obtain the actual needs of users and improve the traditional products is a challenge to the manufacturer's differentiated and customized production process.
Guiding users to accept and use new technology flow meters, such as ultrasonic flow meters, electromagnetic flow meters, and thermal mass flow meters, is another challenge for manufacturers to make the market bigger and stronger. In fact, the new technology flowmeter mentioned above has been developed and applied more than ten years ago. How to make customers realize that using the new technology flowmeter can effectively improve the production efficiency is an important issue for manufacturers.
In addition, new technology flowmeters are constantly being introduced into various industries, and fast and efficient after-sales service is also crucial for manufacturers. In particular, the use of Flowfield based on Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus PA bus has certain requirements for software technology. Effective services can provide users with more suitable solutions and close to users.
Vortex flowmeter installation method
1. The vortex flowmeter can only be measured in one direction. The installation should pay attention to ensure that the direction of the medium flow is consistent with the direction indicated by the flowmeter arrow.
2. The best installation method of the vortex flowmeter is vertical installation, and the medium passes through the flowmeter from bottom to top. Install the flowmeter on a vertical pipe with the flow direction from bottom to top.
3. When installing horizontally, the flowmeter must be installed in the high pressure zone of the whole system and ensure the corresponding outlet pressure; do not install at the highest point of the pipeline, because the highest point is often gas accumulation, the pipeline is not full, and the outlet cannot be directly emptied.
4. When measuring high temperature fluid, try to use vertical installation; if you have to install horizontally, please install the transmitter part of the flowmeter vertically downwards or horizontally to avoid excessive temperature; pay attention to air flow at installation location Or well ventilated.
5. Straight pipe section requirements: at least 15 times the pipe diameter before the flow meter and 5 times the pipe diameter after the flow meter. If there are elbows, indents, expansions and other sources of interference in front of the flowmeter, the diameter of the flowmeter should be 30–40 times, and the diameter of the flowmeter should be 6 times. The flow meter should be installed upstream of the regulator valve, pressure or temperature sensor.
6. When installing, pay attention to the pipe diameter should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument.
7. When using the sealing ring, the inner diameter of the sealing ring should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument, and the center of the sealing ring is at the center of the pipe.
The V-cone flowmeter is a new generation of differential pressure flow measuring instrument. In practical use, many factors have a great influence on the measurement accuracy of the differential pressure flowmeter, which increases the measurement error and reduces the accuracy.
The specific performance is as follows:
1) the design parameters are inconsistent with the working parameters;
2) there is no temperature compensation or compensation is incorrect;
3) the length of the upper and lower straight pipes is insufficient;
4) the cones and pipes are not concentric;
5) the pressure pipes Blockage, etc.
After on-site inspection, the shortage of straight pipe sections, disagreement, and blockage of the pressure guiding pipe can be ruled out.
The differential pressure transmitter is removed for verification, the transmitter is qualified, and the error is within the allowable range.
The technicians recalled the trend record of DCS preservation, and looked at the steam temperature and pressure recording curve. The temperature was between 120 °C and 150 °C, the pressure was between 0.3MPa and 0.6MPa, and the measured temperature and pressure deviated from the design value. The design parameter was temperature. 193 ° C, pressure 1.13 MPa). At the same time, the DCS configuration was viewed and it was found that there was no temperature and pressure compensation for the steam flow in the configuration.