Principle analysis of various types of flowmeters
(1) Principles of mechanics: Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure and rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem; impulse type and movable tube type using momentum theorem; direct mass type using Newton's second law; The target type of the momentum principle; the turbine type using the angular momentum theorem; the vortex type using the principle of fluid oscillation, the vortex type; the pitot tube type using the total static pressure difference; the volumetric type, the enthalpy, the trough type, and the like.
(2) Electrical principle: The instruments used for such principles are electromagnetic, differential capacitive, inductive, strain resistant, etc.
(3) Acoustic principle: Ultrasonic type, acoustic type (shock wave type), etc. are used for flow measurement using the acoustic principle.
(4) Thermal principle: The heat, direct thermal, indirect calorimetry, etc., which measure the flow using the thermal principle.
(5) Optical principle: laser type, photoelectric type, etc. are instruments belonging to such principles.
(6) Originally based on physical principles: nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear radiation, etc. are instruments of this type.
(7) Other principles: Marking principle (trace principle, NMR principle), related principles, etc.
Vortex flowmeter analysis and solution
6. The connection problem between the secondary instrument and the subsequent instrument. Due to the problem of the subsequent instrument or the maintenance of the subsequent instrument, the mA output circuit of the secondary instrument is interrupted. For this type of secondary instrument, this part is mainly related to the problem 2. Especially for the subsequent recorders, in the case that the recorder cannot be repaired for a long time, it is necessary to pay attention to shorting the output of the secondary meter.
7. The circuit always has no indication due to the failure of the secondary instrument flat-axle cable. Due to long-term operation, coupled with the influence of dust, the flat-axle cable is faulty, and the problem can be solved by cleaning or replacing the flat-axis cable.
8. For the problem 7, the main problem is that the secondary instrument shows that the fixing screw of the meter head is loose, causing the head to sink, the pointer and the case friction are large, the movement is not working, and the problem is solved by adjusting the meter head and re-fixing.
9. Use environmental issues. In particular, the sensor part installed in the well is affected by the humidity of the environment, which causes the circuit board to be damp. This part is mainly related to questions 2 and 2. Through the corresponding technical improvement measures, the sensor part with large humidity is re-separated from the probe part and the conversion part, and the separate type sensor is used. Therefore, the working environment is good, and the instrument has been running well.
10. Due to the poor adjustment of the site, or due to the actual situation after the adjustment. Due to the on-site vibration and noise balance adjustment and sensitivity adjustment is not good. Or because of the re-allocation of the situation after a period of operation after the adjustment, causing the indication problem, this part of the reason is mainly related to questions 4 and 5. Use an oscilloscope, plus the combined process operation, and re-adjust.
Several problems of steam metering and their solutions
Steam is one of the important energy sources for enterprise production. It is the main heat energy for urban central heating and an important indicator for economic accounting. Therefore, the accuracy of steam metering is particularly important.
In order to solve the problem of heating for employees, the company has updated the original boiler equipment, adding 4 new boilers (2 sets of 25t/h, and another 2 sets of 35t/h). The DCS realizes the automatic control of the boiler system, and the product is saturated steam.
Analysis of problems and influencing factors
Starting from the boiler ignition operation in November 2010, the steam flow often shows the maximum value, and the differential pressure signal measured by the differential pressure transmitter exceeds 20 mA. The same is true when the load is low and the actual flow is small. In this case, steam flow measurement does not provide a safety reference for boiler operation, and it cannot be used for cost accounting.
In response to this phenomenon, the design of the project uses a V-cone flowmeter, equipped with an intelligent differential pressure transmitter, and the measurement signal is sent to the DCS for calculation and display.