Principle analysis of various types of flowmeters
(1) Principles of mechanics: Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure and rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem; impulse type and movable tube type using momentum theorem; direct mass type using Newton's second law; The target type of the momentum principle; the turbine type using the angular momentum theorem; the vortex type using the principle of fluid oscillation, the vortex type; the pitot tube type using the total static pressure difference; the volumetric type, the enthalpy, the trough type, and the like.
(2) Electrical principle: The instruments used for such principles are electromagnetic, differential capacitive, inductive, strain resistant, etc.
(3) Acoustic principle: Ultrasonic type, acoustic type (shock wave type), etc. are used for flow measurement using the acoustic principle.
(4) Thermal principle: The heat, direct thermal, indirect calorimetry, etc., which measure the flow using the thermal principle.
(5) Optical principle: laser type, photoelectric type, etc. are instruments belonging to such principles.
(6) Originally based on physical principles: nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear radiation, etc. are instruments of this type.
(7) Other principles: Marking principle (trace principle, NMR principle), related principles, etc.
Vortex flowmeter selection
(1) Selection of vortex flow transmitter
In the measurement of saturated steam, VA type piezoelectric vortex flow transmitter is adopted. Because of the wide range of vortex flowmeter, in practical applications, it is generally considered that the flow of measuring saturated steam should not be lower than that of vortex flowmeter. The lower limit, that is to say, the fluid flow rate must not be less than 5 m/s. According to the size of the steam, the vortex flow transmitters with different calibers are selected, and the caliber of the transmitter cannot be selected by the existing process pipe diameter.
(2) Selection of pressure compensation pressure transmitter
Since the saturated steam line is long and the pressure fluctuates greatly, pressure compensation must be adopted. Considering the corresponding relationship of pressure, temperature and density, only pressure compensation can be used in the measurement, because the saturated steam pressure of Mingtong Company is 0.3-0.7MPa. Range, the range of pressure transmitter can be selected 1MPa.
(3) Display instrument selection
Display instrument intelligent flow display instrument with voltage regulation compensation, instantaneous flow display and cumulative flow accumulation function.
Ultrasonic flowmeter classification
●Insert ultrasonic flowmeter: can be installed and maintained without stopping production. Ceramic sensors are used for non-stop production installation using dedicated drilling equipment. Generally for mono measurement, in order to improve measurement accuracy, three channels can be selected.
● Pipe-type ultrasonic flowmeter: It is necessary to cut the pipeline installation, but the subsequent maintenance can be stopped. Mono or 3-channel sensors are available.
● External clip-on ultrasonic flowmeter: capable of performing fixed and mobile measurements. It is installed with a special coupling agent (silicone rubber cured at room temperature or high-temperature long-chain polymer grease) and does not damage the pipeline during installation.
● Portable ultrasonic flowmeter: portable, built-in rechargeable lithium battery, suitable for mobile measurement, with magnetic sensor.
1, non-contact measurement method, small size, easy to carry
2, suitable for on-site measurement of various sizes of pipe sound guiding media
3, built-in nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery working time of more than 20 hours
4, user interface is flexible, easy to use
5, intelligent on-site printing function to ensure the integrity of the flow data
6, equipped with an integrated aluminum alloy protective box, can be used in harsh outdoor environments
● Hand-held ultrasonic flowmeter: small size, light weight, built-in rechargeable lithium battery, hand-held, with magnetic sensor.
● Explosion-proof ultrasonic flowmeter: used for explosive liquid flow measurement, it is explosion-proof and intrinsically safe. That is, the converter is explosion-proof and the sensor is intrinsically safe.