Electrode: Its function is to extract and induce a proportional induced inductive potential signal. The electrodes are typically made of non-magnetically conductive stainless steel and are required to be flush with the liner so that the fluid passes unimpeded. It should be installed in the vertical direction of the pipe to prevent deposits from accumulating on it and affecting the measurement accuracy.
Enclosure: Made of ferromagnetic material, it is the cover of the distribution system excitation coil and isolates the interference of external magnetic field.
Lining: A complete electrical insulation lining on the inside of the measuring tube and on the flange sealing surface. It directly contacts the liquid to be measured, and its function is to increase the corrosion resistance of the measuring catheter and prevent the induced potential from being short-circuited by the metal measuring tube wall. Most of the lining materials are PTFE plastics and ceramics that are resistant to corrosion, high temperature and wear.
Converter: The induced potential signal generated by the liquid flow is very weak and is greatly affected by various interference factors. The function of the converter is to amplify and convert the induced potential signal into a unified standard signal and suppress the main interference signal. Its task is to amplify the induced potential signal Ex detected by the electrode into a unified standard DC signal.
The installation position and installation method of the ultrasonic flowmeter.
Selecting the installation pipe segment has a great influence on the test accuracy. The selected pipe segment should avoid the interference and eddy current, which have great influence on the measurement accuracy. Generally, the pipe segment should meet the following conditions:
1. Avoid installing the machine in the pump, high-power radio, frequency conversion, that is, where there is strong magnetic field and vibration interference;
2. Select the pipe section where the pipe should be uniform and dense, and it is easy to transmit ultrasonic waves;
3, to have a long straight pipe section, the upstream straight pipe section of the installation point must be greater than 10D (Note: D = diameter), downstream is greater than 5D;
4, the installation point upstream distance pump should have a distance of 30D;
5. The fluid should be filled with pipes;
6. There should be enough space around the pipeline to facilitate the operation of the on-site personnel. The underground pipeline needs to be a test well. The test well is as follows:
Ultrasonic flowmeters generally have two types of probe installation methods, namely Z method and V method.
However, when D < 200mm and the site condition is one of the following conditions, it can also be installed by the Z method:
1. When the measured fluid has high turbidity, when the V method is used to measure the signal or the signal is weak;
2. When the inner wall of the pipe is lined;
3. When the service life of the pipeline is too long and the inner wall is fouled seriously;
For those with better pipeline conditions, even if D is slightly larger than 200mm, in order to improve the measurement accuracy, the V method can be used for installation.
Some experiences on using ultrasonic flowmeter
1. The flowmeter has two modes, diagonal and reflective. When the reflection mode is not detected, it can be measured in diagonal mode, so that we have been using the reflection mode.
2. The flowmeter requires a relatively high pipe, and the insulation layer must be scraped off, otherwise it cannot be measured. When we measured the air conditioning water system, we cut the insulation layer with a knife to prevent the sensor. After the measurement, the cut insulation layer was glued. The surface of the pipe should be as bright as possible. If it is too rough, it must be sanded.
3. It is difficult to measure when the fluid in the pipeline is not full, so the measuring position should be as straight as possible, away from elbows, valves and other places.
4. The authenticity of the flowmeter reading depends on the signal strength. When the signal is too low, the result is basically unreliable, generally more than 60% or even more.
5. Since the readings may vary greatly, the approach we take is to have the flowmeter read continuously, such as continuously recording one minute of reading and then taking the average.
6. Measuring hot water lines is more difficult than cold water lines. Because the wall temperature of the hot water pipe is high, the coupling agent is easily formed at a high temperature. In addition to the product's own coupling agent, we have tried toothpaste.
The summary of ultrasonic flowmeter measurement accuracy and accuracy needs to be improved.