The choice of electromagnetic flowmeter is mainly the correct choice of the transmitter, and the converter only needs to be matched with it.
Choice of caliber and range
The diameter of the transmitter is usually the same as that of the piping system. If the piping system is to be designed, the diameter can be selected according to the flow range and flow rate. For electromagnetic flowmeters, the flow rate is suitable for 2 - 4m / s. In special cases, such as solid particles in the liquid, in consideration of wear, the optional flow rate is ≤ 3m / s, for easy to manage the fluid. Available flow rate ≥ 2m / s. After the flow rate is determined, the transmitter diameter can be determined according to qv= D2.
The range of the transmitter can be selected according to two principles: one is that the full scale of the meter is greater than the expected maximum flow value; the other is that the normal flow is greater than 50% of the full scale of the meter to ensure a certain measurement accuracy.
Temperature and pressure selection
There are certain restrictions on the fluid pressure and temperature that the electromagnetic flowmeter can measure. When used, the pressure used must be lower than the working pressure specified by the flowmeter. At present, the working pressure specifications of domestically produced electromagnetic flowmeters are:
Less than 50mm caliber, working pressure is 1.6MPa; 900 mm caliber, working pressure is 1 MPa;More than 1000mm caliber, working pressure is 0.6MPa.
If there are special requirements on the pressure resistance of the transmitter, you can negotiate with the manufacturer.
The operating temperature of the electromagnetic flowmeter depends on the lining material used, which is generally 5 - 70 ° C. Such as special treatment, can exceed the above range, such as the wear-resistant corrosion-resistant electromagnetic flowmeter produced by Tianjin Automation Instrument No.3. The transmitter allows the measured medium temperature to be -40 to 130 °C.
Selection of lining material and electrode tree material
The lining material and electrode material of the transmitter must be correctly selected according to the physical and chemical properties of the medium. Otherwise, the instrument will be damaged quickly due to the corrosion of the lining and the electrode, and the corrosive medium will easily cause an accident if it leaks. Therefore, the electrode and the lining material must be carefully selected according to the specific measurement medium in the production process.
Several problems of steam metering and their solutions
Steam is one of the important energy sources for enterprise production. It is the main heat energy for urban central heating and an important indicator for economic accounting. Therefore, the accuracy of steam metering is particularly important.
In order to solve the problem of heating for employees, the company has updated the original boiler equipment, adding 4 new boilers (2 sets of 25t/h, and another 2 sets of 35t/h). The DCS realizes the automatic control of the boiler system, and the product is saturated steam.
Analysis of problems and influencing factors
Starting from the boiler ignition operation in November 2010, the steam flow often shows the maximum value, and the differential pressure signal measured by the differential pressure transmitter exceeds 20 mA. The same is true when the load is low and the actual flow is small. In this case, steam flow measurement does not provide a safety reference for boiler operation, and it cannot be used for cost accounting.
In response to this phenomenon, the design of the project uses a V-cone flowmeter, equipped with an intelligent differential pressure transmitter, and the measurement signal is sent to the DCS for calculation and display.
Some experiences on using ultrasonic flowmeter
1. The flowmeter has two modes, diagonal and reflective. When the reflection mode is not detected, it can be measured in diagonal mode, so that we have been using the reflection mode.
2. The flowmeter requires a relatively high pipe, and the insulation layer must be scraped off, otherwise it cannot be measured. When we measured the air conditioning water system, we cut the insulation layer with a knife to prevent the sensor. After the measurement, the cut insulation layer was glued. The surface of the pipe should be as bright as possible. If it is too rough, it must be sanded.
3. It is difficult to measure when the fluid in the pipeline is not full, so the measuring position should be as straight as possible, away from elbows, valves and other places.
4. The authenticity of the flowmeter reading depends on the signal strength. When the signal is too low, the result is basically unreliable, generally more than 60% or even more.
5. Since the readings may vary greatly, the approach we take is to have the flowmeter read continuously, such as continuously recording one minute of reading and then taking the average.
6. Measuring hot water lines is more difficult than cold water lines. Because the wall temperature of the hot water pipe is high, the coupling agent is easily formed at a high temperature. In addition to the product's own coupling agent, we have tried toothpaste.
The summary of ultrasonic flowmeter measurement accuracy and accuracy needs to be improved.