General principles for electromagnetic flowmeter selection
(1) Whether the medium to be tested is a conductive liquid or slurry, thereby determining whether an electromagnetic flow meter is selected;
(2) The conductivity of the measured medium determines the type of electromagnetic flowmeter—whether it is high conductivity or low conductivity;
(3) The nominal diameter of the large, small and common flow process pipelines required by the process, determine whether the flow rate of the medium is at a more economical flow point, whether the pipeline needs to be reduced, and then determine the diameter of the flowmeter;
(4) Determine whether to use an integrated or split flowmeter, and the degree of protection of the flowmeter, etc., based on the layout of the process piping.
(5) Selecting the electrode type according to whether the measured medium is easy to crystallize or crusting;
(6) selecting an electrode material according to the corrosiveness of the measured medium;
(7) The corrosiveness, wear and temperature of the measured medium determine the lining material to be used;
(8) The high working pressure of the measured medium determines the nominal pressure of the flow meter;
(9) The insulation of the process piping determines the type of grounding ring.
Vortex flowmeter installation method
1. The vortex flowmeter can only be measured in one direction. The installation should pay attention to ensure that the direction of the medium flow is consistent with the direction indicated by the flowmeter arrow.
2. The best installation method of the vortex flowmeter is vertical installation, and the medium passes through the flowmeter from bottom to top. Install the flowmeter on a vertical pipe with the flow direction from bottom to top.
3. When installing horizontally, the flowmeter must be installed in the high pressure zone of the whole system and ensure the corresponding outlet pressure; do not install at the highest point of the pipeline, because the highest point is often gas accumulation, the pipeline is not full, and the outlet cannot be directly emptied.
4. When measuring high temperature fluid, try to use vertical installation; if you have to install horizontally, please install the transmitter part of the flowmeter vertically downwards or horizontally to avoid excessive temperature; pay attention to air flow at installation location Or well ventilated.
5. Straight pipe section requirements: at least 15 times the pipe diameter before the flow meter and 5 times the pipe diameter after the flow meter. If there are elbows, indents, expansions and other sources of interference in front of the flowmeter, the diameter of the flowmeter should be 30–40 times, and the diameter of the flowmeter should be 6 times. The flow meter should be installed upstream of the regulator valve, pressure or temperature sensor.
6. When installing, pay attention to the pipe diameter should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument.
7. When using the sealing ring, the inner diameter of the sealing ring should be slightly larger than or equal to the inner diameter of the instrument, and the center of the sealing ring is at the center of the pipe.
The installation position and installation method of the ultrasonic flowmeter.
Selecting the installation pipe segment has a great influence on the test accuracy. The selected pipe segment should avoid the interference and eddy current, which have great influence on the measurement accuracy. Generally, the pipe segment should meet the following conditions:
1. Avoid installing the machine in the pump, high-power radio, frequency conversion, that is, where there is strong magnetic field and vibration interference;
2. Select the pipe section where the pipe should be uniform and dense, and it is easy to transmit ultrasonic waves;
3, to have a long straight pipe section, the upstream straight pipe section of the installation point must be greater than 10D (Note: D = diameter), downstream is greater than 5D;
4, the installation point upstream distance pump should have a distance of 30D;
5. The fluid should be filled with pipes;
6. There should be enough space around the pipeline to facilitate the operation of the on-site personnel. The underground pipeline needs to be a test well. The test well is as follows:
Ultrasonic flowmeters generally have two types of probe installation methods, namely Z method and V method.
However, when D < 200mm and the site condition is one of the following conditions, it can also be installed by the Z method:
1. When the measured fluid has high turbidity, when the V method is used to measure the signal or the signal is weak;
2. When the inner wall of the pipe is lined;
3. When the service life of the pipeline is too long and the inner wall is fouled seriously;
For those with better pipeline conditions, even if D is slightly larger than 200mm, in order to improve the measurement accuracy, the V method can be used for installation.