Traditional mechanical flowmeters, such as differential pressure flowmeters, positive displacement flowmeters, and variable area flowmeters, are already in the stage of popularization, with fierce price competition, decreasing profit margins, less technological innovation, and relatively mature markets. . Frost & Sullivan believes that achieving product differentiation and customized production is an important breakthrough for manufacturers in the fierce competition in mature markets. Based on Frost & Sullivan's analysis of the needs of industry users, the user community expects manufacturers to provide automated equipment that will bring tangible benefits to the production process. Users will have specific requirements in the application process, such as: application in the special environment of the petrochemical industry, the need for rugged design and explosion-proof certification; user demand for Coriolis flowmeter designed for straight pipe. How to effectively obtain the actual needs of users and improve the traditional products is a challenge to the manufacturer's differentiated and customized production process.
Guiding users to accept and use new technology flow meters, such as ultrasonic flow meters, electromagnetic flow meters, and thermal mass flow meters, is another challenge for manufacturers to make the market bigger and stronger. In fact, the new technology flowmeter mentioned above has been developed and applied more than ten years ago. How to make customers realize that using the new technology flowmeter can effectively improve the production efficiency is an important issue for manufacturers.
In addition, new technology flowmeters are constantly being introduced into various industries, and fast and efficient after-sales service is also crucial for manufacturers. In particular, the use of Flowfield based on Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus PA bus has certain requirements for software technology. Effective services can provide users with more suitable solutions and close to users.
Vortex flowmeter common fault
1. The measurement range of the vortex flowmeter is large, generally 10:1, but the lower limit of measurement is limited by many factors: Re>10000 is the most basic condition for the operation of the vortex flowmeter. In addition, it is also responded by the vortex. The signal, the vortex frequency f is also small, and it also makes signal processing difficult. The upper limit of measurement is the frequency response of the sensor and the frequency limit of the circuit. Therefore, the flow rate range must be calculated and calculated according to the flow rate of the fluid. The environmental conditions on the site are complicated. In addition to the conditions such as ambient temperature, humidity, and atmosphere, electromagnetic interference should also be considered.
2, vibration is also a big enemy of this type of instrument. Therefore, care should be taken to avoid mechanical vibrations, especially the lateral vibration of the pipe (perpendicular to the pipe axis and the vertical vortex generating body axis). This effect cannot be suppressed and eliminated in the design of the flowmeter structure. Since the vortex signal is equally sensitive to the influence of the flow field, it is not suitable for the length of the straight pipe section to ensure the flow conditions necessary for stabilizing the vortex street. Even the capacitive and ultrasonic type with strong anti-vibration performance guarantees that the fluid is a fully developed one-way flow, which is not negligible.
The medium temperature also has a great influence on the performance of the vortex flowmeter. For example, the pressure stress type vortex flowmeter cannot be used for a long time at 300 °C, because its insulation resistance is rapidly reduced from 10-100 MΩ at normal temperature to 1-101 Ω, and the output signal is also small, resulting in deterioration of measurement characteristics. In the measurement system, the sensor and the converter should be installed separately to avoid long-term high temperature affecting the reliability and service life of the instrument. The vortex flowmeter is a relatively new type of flowmeter. It is in the development stage and is not very mature. If it is not properly selected, the performance will not work well. Only after reasonable selection and correct installation, it is necessary to carefully and regularly maintain during the use process, accumulate experience, improve the predictability of system failure and the ability to judge and deal with problems, so as to achieve satisfactory results.
Some experiences on using ultrasonic flowmeter
1. The flowmeter has two modes, diagonal and reflective. When the reflection mode is not detected, it can be measured in diagonal mode, so that we have been using the reflection mode.
2. The flowmeter requires a relatively high pipe, and the insulation layer must be scraped off, otherwise it cannot be measured. When we measured the air conditioning water system, we cut the insulation layer with a knife to prevent the sensor. After the measurement, the cut insulation layer was glued. The surface of the pipe should be as bright as possible. If it is too rough, it must be sanded.
3. It is difficult to measure when the fluid in the pipeline is not full, so the measuring position should be as straight as possible, away from elbows, valves and other places.
4. The authenticity of the flowmeter reading depends on the signal strength. When the signal is too low, the result is basically unreliable, generally more than 60% or even more.
5. Since the readings may vary greatly, the approach we take is to have the flowmeter read continuously, such as continuously recording one minute of reading and then taking the average.
6. Measuring hot water lines is more difficult than cold water lines. Because the wall temperature of the hot water pipe is high, the coupling agent is easily formed at a high temperature. In addition to the product's own coupling agent, we have tried toothpaste.
The summary of ultrasonic flowmeter measurement accuracy and accuracy needs to be improved.