Principle analysis of various types of flowmeters
(1) Principles of mechanics: Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure and rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem; impulse type and movable tube type using momentum theorem; direct mass type using Newton's second law; The target type of the momentum principle; the turbine type using the angular momentum theorem; the vortex type using the principle of fluid oscillation, the vortex type; the pitot tube type using the total static pressure difference; the volumetric type, the enthalpy, the trough type, and the like.
(2) Electrical principle: The instruments used for such principles are electromagnetic, differential capacitive, inductive, strain resistant, etc.
(3) Acoustic principle: Ultrasonic type, acoustic type (shock wave type), etc. are used for flow measurement using the acoustic principle.
(4) Thermal principle: The heat, direct thermal, indirect calorimetry, etc., which measure the flow using the thermal principle.
(5) Optical principle: laser type, photoelectric type, etc. are instruments belonging to such principles.
(6) Originally based on physical principles: nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear radiation, etc. are instruments of this type.
(7) Other principles: Marking principle (trace principle, NMR principle), related principles, etc.
Vortex flowmeter common fault
1. The measurement range of the vortex flowmeter is large, generally 10:1, but the lower limit of measurement is limited by many factors: Re>10000 is the most basic condition for the operation of the vortex flowmeter. In addition, it is also responded by the vortex. The signal, the vortex frequency f is also small, and it also makes signal processing difficult. The upper limit of measurement is the frequency response of the sensor and the frequency limit of the circuit. Therefore, the flow rate range must be calculated and calculated according to the flow rate of the fluid. The environmental conditions on the site are complicated. In addition to the conditions such as ambient temperature, humidity, and atmosphere, electromagnetic interference should also be considered.
2, vibration is also a big enemy of this type of instrument. Therefore, care should be taken to avoid mechanical vibrations, especially the lateral vibration of the pipe (perpendicular to the pipe axis and the vertical vortex generating body axis). This effect cannot be suppressed and eliminated in the design of the flowmeter structure. Since the vortex signal is equally sensitive to the influence of the flow field, it is not suitable for the length of the straight pipe section to ensure the flow conditions necessary for stabilizing the vortex street. Even the capacitive and ultrasonic type with strong anti-vibration performance guarantees that the fluid is a fully developed one-way flow, which is not negligible.
The medium temperature also has a great influence on the performance of the vortex flowmeter. For example, the pressure stress type vortex flowmeter cannot be used for a long time at 300 °C, because its insulation resistance is rapidly reduced from 10-100 MΩ at normal temperature to 1-101 Ω, and the output signal is also small, resulting in deterioration of measurement characteristics. In the measurement system, the sensor and the converter should be installed separately to avoid long-term high temperature affecting the reliability and service life of the instrument. The vortex flowmeter is a relatively new type of flowmeter. It is in the development stage and is not very mature. If it is not properly selected, the performance will not work well. Only after reasonable selection and correct installation, it is necessary to carefully and regularly maintain during the use process, accumulate experience, improve the predictability of system failure and the ability to judge and deal with problems, so as to achieve satisfactory results.
ltrasonic flowmeter installation
The time difference ultrasonic flowmeter is a competitive flow measurement method in the world today, and its measurement line accuracy is higher than 1.0%. Due to the diversity of the industrial site, especially the environment around the pipeline, how to install and debug the ultrasonic flowmeter according to the specific environment has become an important topic in the field of ultrasonic flow measurement. This procedure explains the installation details of the ultrasonic flowmeter; It further fully demonstrates the advantages of accuracy, reliability and stability of the ultrasonic flowmeter, greatly reducing future maintenance work and even maintenance-free.
Ultrasonic flowmeters should be aware of the site prior to installation, including:
1. What is the distance from the host at the installation of the sensor;
2. Pipe material, pipe wall thickness and pipe diameter;
3. Year of the pipeline;
4. Type of fluid, whether it contains impurities, bubbles, and whether it is full;
5. Fluid temperature
6. Whether there is interference source at the installation site (such as frequency conversion, strong magnetic field, etc.);
7. The temperature of the four seasons at the host site;
8. Whether the power supply voltage used is stable;
9. Whether remote signals and types are required;
According to the site conditions provided above, the manufacturer can configure the site conditions and, if necessary, special models.