Pipe flowmeter measurement method
Ultrasonic waves carry information about the fluid flow rate as they propagate through the flowing fluid. Therefore, the flow rate of the fluid can be detected by the received ultrasonic wave, and converted into a flow rate. According to the detection method, it can be divided into different types of ultrasonic flowmeters such as propagation velocity difference method, Doppler method, beam offset method, noise method and correlation method. Ultrasonic flowmeter is a kind of application that has been applied since the rapid development of integrated circuit technology in the past decade.
Non-contact instrument for measuring fluids that are difficult to access and observe, as well as large pipe runoff. It is linked to a water level gauge for flow measurement of open water flow. The use of ultrasonic flow rate does not change the flow state of the fluid without installing the measuring element in the fluid, and does not generate additional resistance. The installation and maintenance of the instrument can not affect the operation of the production pipeline and is an ideal energy-saving flowmeter.
As we all know, industrial flow measurement generally has the problem of large diameter and large flow measurement difficulty. This is because the general flowmeter will bring difficulties in manufacturing and transportation with the increase of the measuring pipe diameter, and the cost will increase and the energy loss will increase. Installation is not only a disadvantage, but ultrasonic flowmeters can be avoided.
The installation position and installation method of the ultrasonic flowmeter.
Selecting the installation pipe segment has a great influence on the test accuracy. The selected pipe segment should avoid the interference and eddy current, which have great influence on the measurement accuracy. Generally, the pipe segment should meet the following conditions:
1. Avoid installing the machine in the pump, high-power radio, frequency conversion, that is, where there is strong magnetic field and vibration interference;
2. Select the pipe section where the pipe should be uniform and dense, and it is easy to transmit ultrasonic waves;
3, to have a long straight pipe section, the upstream straight pipe section of the installation point must be greater than 10D (Note: D = diameter), downstream is greater than 5D;
4, the installation point upstream distance pump should have a distance of 30D;
5. The fluid should be filled with pipes;
6. There should be enough space around the pipeline to facilitate the operation of the on-site personnel. The underground pipeline needs to be a test well. The test well is as follows:
Ultrasonic flowmeters generally have two types of probe installation methods, namely Z method and V method.
However, when D < 200mm and the site condition is one of the following conditions, it can also be installed by the Z method:
1. When the measured fluid has high turbidity, when the V method is used to measure the signal or the signal is weak;
2. When the inner wall of the pipe is lined;
3. When the service life of the pipeline is too long and the inner wall is fouled seriously;
For those with better pipeline conditions, even if D is slightly larger than 200mm, in order to improve the measurement accuracy, the V method can be used for installation.
Ultrasonic flowmeter common problems (1)
1. The ultrasonic flowmeter probe is used for a period of time, and irregular alarms may occur. This problem is more common when there are more impurities in the transport medium. Solution: Clean the probe regularly (recommended once a year).
2. When the ultrasonic flowmeter transport medium contains liquid impurities such as water, the flow metering tube is prone to effusion, and the freezing of the pressure tube may occur when the temperature is low, especially in the northern regions in winter. Solution: Purge or electrify the pressure tube
3, the ultrasonic flowmeter is very strict on the requirements of the pipeline, there can be no abnormal noise, otherwise it will affect the measurement error.
During the propagation of ultrasonic waves, their strength is attenuated due to obstruction or absorption by impurities in the medium and medium. Whether it is an ultrasonic flowmeter or an ultrasonic level gauge, there is a certain requirement for the received sound wave intensity, so various attenuations are suppressed.
4. What is the instantaneous flow fluctuation?
The signal strength is large, and the measured fluid fluctuation is large.
Solution: Adjust the probe position, improve the signal strength, and ensure the signal strength is stable. If the fluid fluctuation is large, the position is not good. Re-select the point to ensure the 5D working condition after the first 10D.