Pipe flowmeter measurement method
Ultrasonic waves carry information about the fluid flow rate as they propagate through the flowing fluid. Therefore, the flow rate of the fluid can be detected by the received ultrasonic wave, and converted into a flow rate. According to the detection method, it can be divided into different types of ultrasonic flowmeters such as propagation velocity difference method, Doppler method, beam offset method, noise method and correlation method. Ultrasonic flowmeter is a kind of application that has been applied since the rapid development of integrated circuit technology in the past decade.
Non-contact instrument for measuring fluids that are difficult to access and observe, as well as large pipe runoff. It is linked to a water level gauge for flow measurement of open water flow. The use of ultrasonic flow rate does not change the flow state of the fluid without installing the measuring element in the fluid, and does not generate additional resistance. The installation and maintenance of the instrument can not affect the operation of the production pipeline and is an ideal energy-saving flowmeter.
As we all know, industrial flow measurement generally has the problem of large diameter and large flow measurement difficulty. This is because the general flowmeter will bring difficulties in manufacturing and transportation with the increase of the measuring pipe diameter, and the cost will increase and the energy loss will increase. Installation is not only a disadvantage, but ultrasonic flowmeters can be avoided.
Some experiences on using ultrasonic flowmeter
1. The flowmeter has two modes, diagonal and reflective. When the reflection mode is not detected, it can be measured in diagonal mode, so that we have been using the reflection mode.
2. The flowmeter requires a relatively high pipe, and the insulation layer must be scraped off, otherwise it cannot be measured. When we measured the air conditioning water system, we cut the insulation layer with a knife to prevent the sensor. After the measurement, the cut insulation layer was glued. The surface of the pipe should be as bright as possible. If it is too rough, it must be sanded.
3. It is difficult to measure when the fluid in the pipeline is not full, so the measuring position should be as straight as possible, away from elbows, valves and other places.
4. The authenticity of the flowmeter reading depends on the signal strength. When the signal is too low, the result is basically unreliable, generally more than 60% or even more.
5. Since the readings may vary greatly, the approach we take is to have the flowmeter read continuously, such as continuously recording one minute of reading and then taking the average.
6. Measuring hot water lines is more difficult than cold water lines. Because the wall temperature of the hot water pipe is high, the coupling agent is easily formed at a high temperature. In addition to the product's own coupling agent, we have tried toothpaste.
The summary of ultrasonic flowmeter measurement accuracy and accuracy needs to be improved.
Ultrasonic flowmeter common problems (2)
5, the external clip type ultrasonic flowmeter signal is low?
This depends on the technical content of the instrument itself. After a large number of test cases on the spot, it proves that the long-term pipeline, serious scaling and large diameter, the Aitulel AFTU-2W series is better than other external-clip ultrasonic flowmeters. The signal is very fast and the signal is very stable. .
Solution: For large diameter and serious scaling, it is recommended to use a good quality external clamp type ultrasonic flowmeter. The pipe at the probe installation should be cleaned, and the air between the probe and the workpiece surface should be removed with a coupling agent or coupling piece to make the ultrasonic wave. It can be effectively introduced into the pipeline to ensure sufficient sound intensity transmission on the detection surface.
6. Occasionally, there are bubbles in the measurement medium. Does the ultrasonic flowmeter with the time difference method have any influence?
Today's Aitulel AFTU-2W series external clip type ultrasonic flowmeter has dual mode. When there is air bubble, it can be automatically transferred to Doppler mode to measure. When the bubble disappears, it will automatically turn into the time difference method.
7. The meter cannot be used under strong interference on the spot?
On-site inverter or high voltage cable field strong electromagnetic interference
Recommendation: Keep away from the inverter or high voltage cable field electromagnetic interference
8. What is the minimum diameter of the externally clamped ultrasonic flowmeter on the market? What is the highest temperature?
Answer: Now only the minimum diameter of the AFTU-2W series in the world can be measured to 6mm, the temperature can be measured at 550 °C, such as the measurement of molten salt and heat transfer oil, which is not possible with other brands of flowmeters. of.
9. How to choose a suitable ultrasonic flowmeter?
Answer: Pipe material, pipe wall thickness and pipe diameter; fluid type, contain impurities, air bubbles and full pipe; fluid temperature, flow meter type, portable or fixed online.