Because all kinds of ultrasonic flowmeters can be installed outside the pipe, non-contact flow measurement, the cost of the instrument is basically independent of the size of the pipe to be tested, while other types of flowmeters increase with the increase in caliber, so the cost is increased. The flowmeter is superior to the other functions of the same type of flowmeter. It is considered to be a good large-diameter flow measuring instrument. The Doppler ultrasonic flowmeter can measure the flow of two-phase medium, so it can be used for the measurement of dirty sewage such as sewers and sewage. In power plants, the use of portable ultrasonic flowmeters to measure large pipe diameters such as turbine water inflow and turbine circulating water is much more convenient than in the past. Ultrasonic flow juice can also be used for gas measurement. Pipe diameters range from 2cm to 5m, from a few meters wide open channels, culverts to 500m wide rivers.
In addition, the accuracy of the flow measurement of the ultrasonic measuring instrument is almost independent of the temperature, pressure, viscosity, density and other parameters of the measured fluid, and can be made into non-contact and portable measuring instruments, so it can solve the problem that other types of instruments are difficult to measure. Flow measurement problems for corrosive, non-conductive, radioactive, and flammable and explosive media. In addition, in view of the non-contact measurement characteristics, coupled with reasonable electronic circuits, one instrument can adapt to a variety of pipe diameter measurements and a variety of flow range measurements. The adaptability of ultrasonic flowmeters is also unmatched by other instruments. Ultrasonic flowmeters have some of the above advantages, so it has received more and more attention and has been developed into a series of products and generalization. It has been made into standard, high-temperature, explosion-proof and wet instruments of different channels to adapt to different media. Flow measurement for occasions and different pipeline conditions.
Some experiences on using ultrasonic flowmeter
1. The flowmeter has two modes, diagonal and reflective. When the reflection mode is not detected, it can be measured in diagonal mode, so that we have been using the reflection mode.
2. The flowmeter requires a relatively high pipe, and the insulation layer must be scraped off, otherwise it cannot be measured. When we measured the air conditioning water system, we cut the insulation layer with a knife to prevent the sensor. After the measurement, the cut insulation layer was glued. The surface of the pipe should be as bright as possible. If it is too rough, it must be sanded.
3. It is difficult to measure when the fluid in the pipeline is not full, so the measuring position should be as straight as possible, away from elbows, valves and other places.
4. The authenticity of the flowmeter reading depends on the signal strength. When the signal is too low, the result is basically unreliable, generally more than 60% or even more.
5. Since the readings may vary greatly, the approach we take is to have the flowmeter read continuously, such as continuously recording one minute of reading and then taking the average.
6. Measuring hot water lines is more difficult than cold water lines. Because the wall temperature of the hot water pipe is high, the coupling agent is easily formed at a high temperature. In addition to the product's own coupling agent, we have tried toothpaste.
The summary of ultrasonic flowmeter measurement accuracy and accuracy needs to be improved.
Ultrasonic flowmeter common problems (1)
1. The ultrasonic flowmeter probe is used for a period of time, and irregular alarms may occur. This problem is more common when there are more impurities in the transport medium. Solution: Clean the probe regularly (recommended once a year).
2. When the ultrasonic flowmeter transport medium contains liquid impurities such as water, the flow metering tube is prone to effusion, and the freezing of the pressure tube may occur when the temperature is low, especially in the northern regions in winter. Solution: Purge or electrify the pressure tube
3, the ultrasonic flowmeter is very strict on the requirements of the pipeline, there can be no abnormal noise, otherwise it will affect the measurement error.
During the propagation of ultrasonic waves, their strength is attenuated due to obstruction or absorption by impurities in the medium and medium. Whether it is an ultrasonic flowmeter or an ultrasonic level gauge, there is a certain requirement for the received sound wave intensity, so various attenuations are suppressed.
4. What is the instantaneous flow fluctuation?
The signal strength is large, and the measured fluid fluctuation is large.
Solution: Adjust the probe position, improve the signal strength, and ensure the signal strength is stable. If the fluid fluctuation is large, the position is not good. Re-select the point to ensure the 5D working condition after the first 10D.