Principle analysis of various types of flowmeters
(1) Principles of mechanics: Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure and rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem; impulse type and movable tube type using momentum theorem; direct mass type using Newton's second law; The target type of the momentum principle; the turbine type using the angular momentum theorem; the vortex type using the principle of fluid oscillation, the vortex type; the pitot tube type using the total static pressure difference; the volumetric type, the enthalpy, the trough type, and the like.
(2) Electrical principle: The instruments used for such principles are electromagnetic, differential capacitive, inductive, strain resistant, etc.
(3) Acoustic principle: Ultrasonic type, acoustic type (shock wave type), etc. are used for flow measurement using the acoustic principle.
(4) Thermal principle: The heat, direct thermal, indirect calorimetry, etc., which measure the flow using the thermal principle.
(5) Optical principle: laser type, photoelectric type, etc. are instruments belonging to such principles.
(6) Originally based on physical principles: nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear radiation, etc. are instruments of this type.
(7) Other principles: Marking principle (trace principle, NMR principle), related principles, etc.
Vortex flowmeter analysis and solution
Summarizing the main causes of these problems, mainly related to the following aspects:
1. Problems with selection. Some vortex sensors are selected on the caliber selection or after the design selection, due to the change of process conditions, so that the selection is larger, the actual selection should be as small as possible to improve the measurement accuracy. The main reason for this is the same. Questions 1, 3, and 6 are related. For example, a vortex pipeline is designed for use by several equipment. Because some of the equipment is not used, the actual actual flow is reduced. The actual design results in too large an original design, which is equivalent to an increase in measurable flow. The lower limit, when the process pipe has a small flow rate, the indication cannot be guaranteed. When the flow rate is large, it can be used, because it is sometimes too difficult to re-engineer. Changes in process conditions are only temporary. The re-tuning of the parameters can be combined to improve the indication accuracy.
2. Installation problems. The main reason is that the length of the straight pipe in front of the sensor is not enough, which affects the measurement accuracy. The reason for this is mainly related to the problem 1. For example, the straight pipe section in front of the sensor is obviously insufficient. Since the FIC203 is not used for measurement, it is only used for control, so the current accuracy can be used equivalent to the downgrade.
Ultrasonic flowmeter common problems (1)
1. The ultrasonic flowmeter probe is used for a period of time, and irregular alarms may occur. This problem is more common when there are more impurities in the transport medium. Solution: Clean the probe regularly (recommended once a year).
2. When the ultrasonic flowmeter transport medium contains liquid impurities such as water, the flow metering tube is prone to effusion, and the freezing of the pressure tube may occur when the temperature is low, especially in the northern regions in winter. Solution: Purge or electrify the pressure tube
3, the ultrasonic flowmeter is very strict on the requirements of the pipeline, there can be no abnormal noise, otherwise it will affect the measurement error.
During the propagation of ultrasonic waves, their strength is attenuated due to obstruction or absorption by impurities in the medium and medium. Whether it is an ultrasonic flowmeter or an ultrasonic level gauge, there is a certain requirement for the received sound wave intensity, so various attenuations are suppressed.
4. What is the instantaneous flow fluctuation?
The signal strength is large, and the measured fluid fluctuation is large.
Solution: Adjust the probe position, improve the signal strength, and ensure the signal strength is stable. If the fluid fluctuation is large, the position is not good. Re-select the point to ensure the 5D working condition after the first 10D.