The mediums that need to be measured in the site are different. Now, a brief introduction is made on the selection of flow meters for different media.
The selection of large water flow meter: suitable for electromagnetic flowmeter, ultrasonic flowmeter. Other applications such as vortex flowmeters, orifice flowmeters, etc. have faded out of this application, and these two types of flow meters are the most important in the industry. In particular, it should be mentioned that the application of Kaifeng Shengda's plug-in flowmeter and electromagnetic flowmeter are better.
Sewage, pulp and other turbid liquid meter selection: electromagnetic flowmeter can be used. However, when choosing an electromagnetic flowmeter, consider that the liquid does not contain more air or bubbles.
The meter with more bubbles of liquid selection: Doppler ultrasonic flowmeter can be selected, using this type of flowmeter to measure the fluid with bubbles, the effect is very good.
Flow meter selection with low conductivity such as pure water and demineralized water: Turbine flow meter is very suitable for measuring such fluids.
Flow meter selection for strong corrosive media such as acid and lye: 1. Electromagnetic flowmeter with acid and alkali lining. 2. clamp type ultrasonic flowmeter.
Selection of flowmeters for mediums with large concentration and large solid particle content such as mortar and electric powder slurry: electromagnetic flowmeter.
Flow meter selection for oil media such as oil and diesel: turbine flow meter and ultrasonic flow meter.
Gas flow meter selection: vortex flowmeter.
Compressed air flowmeter installation requirements
Keywords: compressed air flow meter, compressed air vortex flowmeter, air flowmeter
First, the compressed air vortex flowmeter installation requirements
1. The upstream of the compressed air vortex flowmeter should avoid installing the regulating valve or the semi-opening valve. The regulating valve or the semi-opening valve is installed after the downstream 8DN of the sensor.
2. The straight pipe section where the flowmeter is installed should be as close as possible to the sensor diameter. If it is not consistent, a pipe diameter slightly larger than the sensor diameter should be used, and the error should be ≤3% and not more than 5mm.
3. When the measured medium contains more impurities, the filter should be installed outside the length required for the straight pipe section upstream of the sensor.
4, the sensor should be avoided on the pipeline with mechanical vibration, and try to avoid strong electromagnetic field interference. When vibration cannot be avoided, consider adding a bracket to the straight pipe section about 2DN before and after the sensor.
Test equipment: one 500MΩ insulation resistance tester, one multimeter.
(1) When the pipeline is filled with medium, measure the resistance between terminals A, B and C with a multimeter. The resistance between A-C and B-C should be equal. If the difference is more than 1 time, there may be leakage of the electrode, condensation on the outer wall of the measuring tube or the junction box.
(2) In the case of lining drying, measure the insulation resistance between A-C and B-C with MΩ meter (should be greater than 200MΩ). Then use a multimeter to measure the resistance of the two electrodes in terminals A and B and the measuring tube (should be in short-circuit communication). If the insulation resistance is small, indicating that the electrode is leaking, the entire flowmeter should be returned to the factory for repair. If the insulation is reduced but there is still more than 50 MΩ and the inspection result of step (1) is normal, the outer wall of the measuring tube may be damp, and the inside of the outer casing may be dried by a hot air blower.
(3) Use a multimeter to measure the resistance between X and Y. If it exceeds 200 Ω, the excitation coil and its lead wire may be open or poorly connected. Remove the terminal block check.
(4) Check the insulation resistance between X, Y and C, which should be above 200 MΩ. If it is lowered, dry the inside of the casing with hot air. In actual operation, the decrease in coil insulation will result in increased measurement error and unstable instrument output signal.
(5) If it is determined that the sensor is faulty, please contact the manufacturer of the electromagnetic flowmeter. The general site cannot be solved and needs to be repaired by the manufacturer.