Instruments that measure fluid flow are collectively referred to as flow meters or flow meters. The flowmeter is one of the important instruments in industrial measurement. With the development of industrial production, the accuracy and range of flow measurement requirements are getting higher and higher, and the flow measurement technology is changing with each passing day. Various types of flow meters have been introduced to suit various applications. More than 100 flow meters have been put into use. From different perspectives, flow meters have different classification methods. There are two commonly used classification methods. One is to classify according to the measurement principle adopted by the flowmeter: the second is to classify according to the structural principle of the flowmeter.
Sort by measurement principle
a. Mechanical principle:
Instruments belonging to such principles have differential pressure type, rotor type using Bernoulli's theorem;
Impulse type using the momentum theorem, movable tube type;
Direct mass equation using Newton's second law;
a target using the principle of fluid momentum;
Turbine using the angular momentum theorem;
Vortex type using vortex principle of fluid oscillation;
Use the total static pressure difference of the pitot tube type as well as volumetric and sputum, trough and so on.
b. Electrical principle:
Differential capacitor type,
Strain resistance type, etc.
c. Acoustic principle:
d. Thermal principles:
Indirect calorimetry and so on.
Second, the compressed air vortex flowmeter installation steps
1. The special flanges to be equipped are welded to the upstream and downstream straight pipe sections respectively, so that the inner diameters of the special flange and the straight pipe section are strictly vertical and concentric.
2. Install the sensor clip on the upper and lower straight pipe sections welded with special flanges and fasten them with bolts. The upstream and downstream straight sections should be kept concentric with the sensor.
3. It should be noted that the flow direction of the sensor should be consistent with the flow direction of the fluid in the pipeline.
Third, special attention should be paid when installing compressed air vortex flowmeter
1. When welding special flanges and straight pipe sections, the sensor should be removed and the sensor welding flange must not be carried.
2. Before the sensor is installed, the sealing ring must be placed in the groove of the flange.
3. The pressure point and temperature measurement point should be at the 3DN~5DN and 6N~8DN downstream of the sensor.
4. When the high temperature pipeline is insulated, do not wrap the sensor to avoid damage.
5. The cable connecting the vortex flowmeter should be as far away as possible from the interference of strong electromagnetic fields. It is absolutely not allowed to lay with high voltage cables. The shielded cable should be as short as possible, the maximum length should not exceed 500 meters, and should not be coiled to reduce the distributed inductance.
Second, choose from the type of flow meter
Various flow meters, such as volumetric flowmeters, speedmeters, and differential pressuremeters, have different characteristics. Different flowmeter types have different turndown ratios. The turbine flowmeter has a turndown ratio of 1:20 to 1:30, the Roots flowmeter has a turndown ratio of 1:20 to 1:160, and the film gauge has a turndown ratio of 1: 160 (The error characteristic curves of these three kinds of flow meters are shown in Figure 1), and the appropriate flow meter should be selected according to the actual situation.
By comparing the error characteristics of the above flowmeters, it can be seen that the starting flow of the membrane meter and the Roots flowmeter is small, the initial flow of the turbine meter is relatively large, and the membrane surface exhibits a positive deviation in the small flow state. The Roots flowmeter exhibits a negative deviation. At low flow rates, the gas supply company is more willing to select a membrane meter for metering.