Ultrasonic flowmeter measurement principle
When the ultrasonic beam propagates in the liquid, the flow of the liquid will cause a small change in the propagation time, and the change in the propagation time is proportional to the flow velocity of the liquid, and its relationship conforms to the following expression.
θ is the angle between the sound beam and the direction of flow of the liquid
M is the number of linear travels of the sound beam in the liquid
D is the inner diameter of the pipe
Tup is the propagation time of the sound beam in the positive direction
Tdown is the propagation time of the sound beam in the reverse direction
Let the speed of sound in the stationary fluid be c, the velocity of the fluid flow be u, and the propagation distance be L. When the sound wave is in the same direction as the fluid flow direction (ie, the downstream direction), the propagation velocity is c+u; otherwise, the propagation velocity is cu. Two sets of ultrasonic generators and receivers (T1, R1) and (T2, R2) are placed at two places separated by L. When T1 is in the forward direction and T2 transmits ultrasonic waves in the reverse direction, the time required for the ultrasonic waves to reach the receivers R1 and R2 respectively is t1 and t2, then
Since the flow velocity of the fluid in the industrial pipeline is much smaller than the sound velocity, that is, c>>u, the time difference between the two is ▽t=t2-t1=2Lu/cc. Thus, the propagation velocity of the acoustic wave in the fluid is known. When it is known, the flow rate u can be obtained by measuring the time difference ▽t, and the flow rate Q can be obtained. The method of measuring the flow using this principle is called the time difference method. In addition, a phase difference method, a frequency difference method, or the like can be used.
Second, the compressed air vortex flowmeter installation steps
1. The special flanges to be equipped are welded to the upstream and downstream straight pipe sections respectively, so that the inner diameters of the special flange and the straight pipe section are strictly vertical and concentric.
2. Install the sensor clip on the upper and lower straight pipe sections welded with special flanges and fasten them with bolts. The upstream and downstream straight sections should be kept concentric with the sensor.
3. It should be noted that the flow direction of the sensor should be consistent with the flow direction of the fluid in the pipeline.
Third, special attention should be paid when installing compressed air vortex flowmeter
1. When welding special flanges and straight pipe sections, the sensor should be removed and the sensor welding flange must not be carried.
2. Before the sensor is installed, the sealing ring must be placed in the groove of the flange.
3. The pressure point and temperature measurement point should be at the 3DN~5DN and 6N~8DN downstream of the sensor.
4. When the high temperature pipeline is insulated, do not wrap the sensor to avoid damage.
5. The cable connecting the vortex flowmeter should be as far away as possible from the interference of strong electromagnetic fields. It is absolutely not allowed to lay with high voltage cables. The shielded cable should be as short as possible, the maximum length should not exceed 500 meters, and should not be coiled to reduce the distributed inductance.
Installation of plug-in electromagnetic flowmeter
The plug-in electromagnetic flowmeter sensor installation upstream straight pipe section is not less than 5D (D means pipe diameter), the downstream straight pipe section is not less than 2D:
1. Vertical installation. When the sensor is inserted into the pipeline, it should be less than 5° from the vertical diameter of the pipeline section. It is suitable for measuring the cleaning medium with small vibration of the pipeline.
2, inclined installation, the axis of the sensor and the axis of the pipe to be tested is 45 °, suitable for large pipe diameter and measuring the flow of liquid containing other impurities in the medium, the installation method is small, not suitable for entanglement.
There are two ways to insert the insertion point of the electromagnetic flowmeter sensor: one is inserted into the central axis of the pipe to be tested (ie 1/2 times the diameter of the pipe); the other is inserted into the inner wall of the pipe at 1/4 of the pipe.
1. Clean the welding slag and burrs of the base of the pipe to be tested.
2. Turn off the upstream flow control valve or use low pressure water supply.
3. Install the DN50 ball valve on the mounting base. Pay attention to the long cavity of the ball valve. Check whether the ball valve can be fully open and fully closed. Install the screw seat, compression nut and rubber sealing ring onto the ball valve and loosen the positioning nut. Insert the sensor into the rod through the ball valve and insert it into the pipe to be tested. At the same time, it should be noted that the direction of the sensor direction indicator rod should be consistent with the flow direction of the fluid. Ordering Information Please specify the name of the tested medium, working pressure, medium temperature, flow rate (flow rate) range, pipe diameter and the pipe network to be tested.