Ultrasonic flowmeter measurement principle
When the ultrasonic beam propagates in the liquid, the flow of the liquid will cause a small change in the propagation time, and the change in the propagation time is proportional to the flow velocity of the liquid, and its relationship conforms to the following expression.
θ is the angle between the sound beam and the direction of flow of the liquid
M is the number of linear travels of the sound beam in the liquid
D is the inner diameter of the pipe
Tup is the propagation time of the sound beam in the positive direction
Tdown is the propagation time of the sound beam in the reverse direction
Let the speed of sound in the stationary fluid be c, the velocity of the fluid flow be u, and the propagation distance be L. When the sound wave is in the same direction as the fluid flow direction (ie, the downstream direction), the propagation velocity is c+u; otherwise, the propagation velocity is cu. Two sets of ultrasonic generators and receivers (T1, R1) and (T2, R2) are placed at two places separated by L. When T1 is in the forward direction and T2 transmits ultrasonic waves in the reverse direction, the time required for the ultrasonic waves to reach the receivers R1 and R2 respectively is t1 and t2, then
Since the flow velocity of the fluid in the industrial pipeline is much smaller than the sound velocity, that is, c>>u, the time difference between the two is ▽t=t2-t1=2Lu/cc. Thus, the propagation velocity of the acoustic wave in the fluid is known. When it is known, the flow rate u can be obtained by measuring the time difference ▽t, and the flow rate Q can be obtained. The method of measuring the flow using this principle is called the time difference method. In addition, a phase difference method, a frequency difference method, or the like can be used.
First, the gas turbine flowmeter installation requirements
1. When the gas flowmeter is installed, it is strictly forbidden to directly conduct electric welding at the inlet and outlet flanges to avoid burning the internal parts of the flowmeter;
2. For the newly installed or overhauled pipeline, it must be purged to remove the debris in the pipeline before installing the flowmeter;
3. The gas turbine flowmeter should be installed in a place that is easy to maintain, has no strong electromagnetic field interference, no mechanical vibration and thermal radiation;
4. Gas turbine flowmeters should not be used in places where flow is frequently interrupted and there is strong pulsating flow or pressure pulsation;
5, the gas turbine flowmeter should ensure that the pipeline is coaxial, and prevent the gasket from protruding into the pipeline, otherwise it will disturb the flow profile;
6. The flow direction of the gas turbine flowmeter should be consistent with the direction marked on the casing. The upper and lower pipelines of the flowmeter should be guaranteed with 2DN and 1DN straight pipe sections;
7. When using external power supply, the flowmeter must have reliable grounding, but it should not share the grounding wire with the high-power system; when the pipeline is installed or repaired, the grounding wire of the welding system should not be overlapped with the flowmeter.
8. Since the flowmeter needs to be repaired and calibrated, in order to ensure normal gas supply, bypass piping should be set. The bypass pipe valve must be closed during normal use;
9. When constructing pipelines, it is advisable to install telescopic tubes or bellows to avoid serious stretching and causing breakage of the flowmeter;
10. When the gas turbine flowmeter is installed outdoors, the upper part should be covered to prevent the rainwater from immersing and the sun exposure affecting the service life of the flowmeter;
11. When installing the gas turbine flowmeter, it is advisable to add a filter to the flowmeter (filtering accuracy is recommended ≤20μm).
Second, gas turbine flowmeter requirements
1. When the gas turbine flowmeter is put into operation, the upstream valve of the flowmeter should be slowly opened (not less than 15 seconds), and then the downstream valve of the flowmeter should be slowly opened to prevent the instantaneous airflow from rushing to the turbine;
2. When the flowmeter needs to have a long-distance signal, it should be connected to the external power supply (+12~+24VDC) strictly according to the electrical performance index of the gas turbine flowmeter. It is strictly forbidden to directly connect 220VAC (or 380VAC) power supply at the signal output.
Turbine flow meter applications
Turbine flow meters are widely used in the following measurement objects: petroleum, organic liquids, inorganic liquids, liquefied gases, natural gas, gas and cryogenic fluids. In the transshipment and gathering stations of foreign liquefied petroleum gas, refined oil and light crude oil, the first and last stations of large crude oil transmission pipelines use it for trade settlement. In Europe and the United States, the turbine flowmeter is the natural gas meter next to the orifice flowmeter. In the Netherlands alone, more than 2,600 gas turbine flowmeters of various sizes and pressures from 0.8 MPa to 6.5 MPa are used on the natural gas pipeline. Has become an excellent natural gas flow meter. Although the excellent metering characteristics of the turbine flow meter are favored by people, the impression is that the moving parts are short in use time, and they are inevitable in the selection. After people's unremitting efforts, it should be said that the situation has changed a lot. As the most versatile flowmeter, the turbine flowmeter has been developed into a multi-variety, full-series, multi-size mass production scale.