Some experiences on using ultrasonic flowmeter
1. The flowmeter has two modes, diagonal and reflective. When the reflection mode is not detected, it can be measured in diagonal mode, so that we have been using the reflection mode.
2. The flowmeter requires a relatively high pipe, and the insulation layer must be scraped off, otherwise it cannot be measured. When we measured the air conditioning water system, we cut the insulation layer with a knife to prevent the sensor. After the measurement, the cut insulation layer was glued. The surface of the pipe should be as bright as possible. If it is too rough, it must be sanded.
3. It is difficult to measure when the fluid in the pipeline is not full, so the measuring position should be as straight as possible, away from elbows, valves and other places.
4. The authenticity of the flowmeter reading depends on the signal strength. When the signal is too low, the result is basically unreliable, generally more than 60% or even more.
5. Since the readings may vary greatly, the approach we take is to have the flowmeter read continuously, such as continuously recording one minute of reading and then taking the average.
6. Measuring hot water lines is more difficult than cold water lines. Because the wall temperature of the hot water pipe is high, the coupling agent is easily formed at a high temperature. In addition to the product's own coupling agent, we have tried toothpaste.
The summary of ultrasonic flowmeter measurement accuracy and accuracy needs to be improved.
Test equipment: one 500MΩ insulation resistance tester, one multimeter.
(1) When the pipeline is filled with medium, measure the resistance between terminals A, B and C with a multimeter. The resistance between A-C and B-C should be equal. If the difference is more than 1 time, there may be leakage of the electrode, condensation on the outer wall of the measuring tube or the junction box.
(2) In the case of lining drying, measure the insulation resistance between A-C and B-C with MΩ meter (should be greater than 200MΩ). Then use a multimeter to measure the resistance of the two electrodes in terminals A and B and the measuring tube (should be in short-circuit communication). If the insulation resistance is small, indicating that the electrode is leaking, the entire flowmeter should be returned to the factory for repair. If the insulation is reduced but there is still more than 50 MΩ and the inspection result of step (1) is normal, the outer wall of the measuring tube may be damp, and the inside of the outer casing may be dried by a hot air blower.
(3) Use a multimeter to measure the resistance between X and Y. If it exceeds 200 Ω, the excitation coil and its lead wire may be open or poorly connected. Remove the terminal block check.
(4) Check the insulation resistance between X, Y and C, which should be above 200 MΩ. If it is lowered, dry the inside of the casing with hot air. In actual operation, the decrease in coil insulation will result in increased measurement error and unstable instrument output signal.
(5) If it is determined that the sensor is faulty, please contact the manufacturer of the electromagnetic flowmeter. The general site cannot be solved and needs to be repaired by the manufacturer.
In the case of small flow metering, the film surface ratio is the largest, the Roots flowmeter is second, and the turbine flowmeter is the smallest. The initial flow performance of the volumetric flowmeter should be superior to the velocity flowmeter. For industrial and commercial users with large total gas consumption and low heat load for each gas, the volumetric flowmeter, ie, the membrane meter and the Roots flowmeter, should be preferred to meet the flowmeter requirements of a single burner when used alone. It can also meet the measurement requirements of the maximum flow rate when all burners are used at the same time.
Not all industrial and commercial users can solve the measurement problem by selecting a volumetric flowmeter with a larger range. The volumetric ratio of the volumetric flowmeter is limited, and it is impossible to increase without limit. The selection of the flowmeter cannot be solved. This kind of user has a measurement problem. When the user only uses a single device for gas, or when operating at low flow rate, the initial flow rate and minimum flow rate of a single flow meter may not meet the minimum flow rate requirement. A single large flow meter cannot measure low gas consumption, which will result in Large supply and marketing differences.